• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Report - Spanish Fort

wabbit

Reaction score
Howdy-

We made it up to Spanish Fort today.

Here are my pics from the ride:
Click here for more Pictures!

DSCN4468.jpg

DSCN4448.jpg

We went through Muenster up to Spanish Fort. Spanish Fort is a "Ghost Town" except people still live around there, but its hayday was clearly back in the late 70's.

The road ends in Spanish Fort and we pulled off in front of The Coon Hunters Association. The building was abandoned so I took a look around inside. Lots of pictures of coon dogs. It was pretty neat. There was a nice old chevy rusting next door to the Hunting store.

I'll post a more detailed ride report tomorrow. I am tired.

The ride consisted of 3 FZ1's, 1 ST1300, and 1 SV650
Will you guys please post your names? I am bad at remebering names.

Great photos. The abandoned shop is almost like something out of Twilight Zone. It's as if time just stopped and the people disappeared. Weird.

The Chevy looks like a 54 to me but I'm guessing as the whole 1950 - 54 models look pretty much the same to me.

wabbit said:
The ride consisted of 3 FZ1's, 1 ST1300, and 1 SV650
Will you guys please post your names? I am bad at remebering names.

That's Chuck "cv_rider" on the ST1300

I see that you guys found the farmer art S. of St. Jo :lol:

Those are the best pictures I've seen of it :dude:

So, is there a good spot in Spanish Fort for a picnic?

:chug:

Can you please post a route? I usually head south so I'd like some good routes north. Thanks!

Adan - There are picnic tables directly across from the Coon hunting Lodge.
You won't miss them because that is all there is there. Picnic tables and the coon hunting lodge.

DSCN4447.jpg

I took this picture just for you because I saw your previous post about a picnic area.

Our route was -

To Spanish Fort:
-75north to FM543.
-543 west to 455
-455 east to 3356
-3356 North to 121
-121 west to 377
-377 north to 922
-922 west to 373
-373 north to 677
-677 north west to 2953
-2953 North to 103
-103 East to Spanish Fort - Pavement Ends in Spanish Fort

From Spanish Fort:
-103 West to 2953
-2953 South to 677
-677 South to 455
-455 East to 543
-543 South to 75

spanishfort.jpg

Click Here for Mapsource GPS File

Each leg of the trip was around 115 miles. So total ride was 230 miles from the starting point in Mckinney.
The roads were nice. North of Muenster there were more rolling hills and scenery. There wasn't many great curves to speak of, but it was a nice leisurely ride.

I told SleepyWeasel not to do burn outs in the parking lot but he couldn't resist.

:twisted:
DSCN4492.jpg
:evil:

HELP !! How can I link you directly to that specific album? When I go there it goes to all my albums but it does not direct you there with just
HPPHOTO ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Computer hacking skill are less than my numb-chuck skills (napolean dynamite reference) :oops:

go to your album, then right click the internet address shown in the address windo on your browser. When you right click it choose the copy option.

Then come here and create a reply and right click in the reply window and click paste.

Didn't work. Must be beacuse you have to log in.

It seems like there should be a way for us to see the pictures.
I haven't used that before so I wouldn't know without looking at it.

Thanks for the help, normally I just e-mail directly to who I wish to but I do not think that applies here. I cannot pull up to the specific album without signing on to HPPHOTO. Maybe this is not a good way to post them?? :pound: :pound:

If you have some pics that I didi-nt get you can send them to me and I will post them. rdsdesigns(at)hotmail.com - Replace (at) with @ of course.

fz1nutt said:
More photos of the ride - mostly repeats of wabbits

www.HPPHOTO.COM
SPANISH FORT TWTEX RIDE

Like Wabbit, I'm also bad at names... Randall, I know you were "the guy on the silver FZ1" but which one? Running the black jacket, or the red one?

Anyway, good ride guys. Now I have to go find a nitrous kit for the SV. :lol:

Yup I can see them now

Heres the list
Chuck "cv_rider" on the ST1300
Randall "fz1nutt" Silver FZ1 with saddle bags
Reggie "SouthPlainsSilver(SPS)" Silver FZ1
Jim "Sleepy Weasel" Yellow SV650
Brandon "wabbit" Blue FZ1

Sleepy Weasel said:
Anyway, good ride guys. Now I have to go find a nitrous kit for the SV. :lol:

Hey, I only got up to 120.

Of course I still had 2 more gears to use. :twisted: