• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit Fuel Cell??

Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Coyer
I'm wondering if anyone makes an auxilliary fuel cell for my Bandit Twelfiddy?
Or, I'm able to weld one up on my own, but my concern is how to get the fuel from the cell into the main tank. Being FI, the fuel pump is located inside the main tank. Do I run a hose from a fuel pump on the aux tank into a vent line on main tank? I'm sure there's an easy way...ideas??:shrug:

You can mount a fuel cell on the rack behind the seats if you put one there. Then have a pump to pump the gas to the tank. I have not looked at the bandit set up real close to see how I would do it. But have seen lots of
BMW GS s set up with that combo.

Google may be your friend..... really REALLY cool stuff out there for motorcycles. IronButt'ers frequently mount fuel cells, coffee pots, microwave ovens, and Big Ben alarm clocks to their machines.... check 'em out!

How much more of a range do you need. I have seen over 200 miles on a tank (touring). Even if you are loaded and burning the gas you should get over 150 easy. More fuel = less storage IMO.

Mark

I'm sure there's an easy way...ideas??:shrug:

There is an easy way - use a fuel cell from which you can pour fuel into the main tank if/when you need it. Plumbing it in and providing a pump mechanism to transfer from the fuel cell to the main tank is surely far more complicated than carrying additional fuel needs to be?

I get an easy 200-220 miles on a tankful of highway driving. The reason I'm looking to add an aux tank is to extend my range even farther. I've entered the Utah 1088 this year and the less I stop for fuel, the more time I have to ride for points. I've done several Iron Butt rides, now looking to improve.
I've been thinking about the weight of the tank and fuel mounted on the rear rack, but I always have my 16 year old daughter back there with no trouble whatsoever, and the fuel tank will weigh a lot less than my daughter and our camping gear. I do my timed events solo.
One side note...I LOVE my Bandit. Myself, my daughter, and our gear weighs around 400lbs or so, and my bike doesn't even notice the weight. We ride between sea-level and 11,000 feet, and the bike doesn't care.:sun:

Heck , if your an Iron Butter, their web site has all kinds of stuff about aux fuel cells on different bikes. Check it out. At least one of the applications should fit the Bandit.

Back