• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kudos to Garmin!

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a Garmin Quest for quite some time now, having purchased it on Fleabay. It has been invaluable to us as we learn the area up here, so you can imagine that when Gretchen (what we named the GPS) fell off onto the floor one night and the antenna broke off I wanted it fixed ASAP. I looked on the Garmin site for repair info which indicated a flat charge of $150 to fix it. :eek2: On a whim, I called Garmin support and asked if it really was going to cost $150 to fix my antenna to which the rep asked, "How about if we do it for $75?" SOLD! I sent Gretchen in for the repair and about 2 weeks later we got a shipment back with a brand new Quest unit in the box! They packed our new Gretchen (Gretchen 2? Gretchen 2.0? Olga?) with new unlock codes and a quick upload of all our routes/waypoints/maps got everything back in order.

We're happy campers and will not hesitate to use Garmin in the future.

I have been using a Garmin Quest for quite some time now, having purchased it on Fleabay. It has been invaluable to us as we learn the area up here, so you can imagine that when Gretchen (what we named the GPS) fell off onto the floor one night and the antenna broke off I wanted it fixed ASAP. I looked on the Garmin site for repair info which indicated a flat charge of $150 to fix it. :eek2: On a whim, I called Garmin support and asked if it really was going to cost $150 to fix my antenna to which the rep asked, "How about if we do it for $75?" SOLD! I sent Gretchen in for the repair and about 2 weeks later we got a shipment back with a brand new Quest unit in the box! They packed our new Gretchen (Gretchen 2? Gretchen 2.0? Olga?) with new unlock codes and a quick upload of all our routes/waypoints/maps got everything back in order.

We're happy campers and will not hesitate to use Garmin in the future.

:clap: :clap: Glad to hear that everything come out right for you.

We named ours Sid. He was a heaven sent on our recent elopment to Albuquerque.. besides I LOVE the way that Sid pronounced the Native American street names,, highly amusing.. we love our Garmin too!!:mrgreen:

I've yet to hook up the audio on my Quest so I can't name him/her until I get to know the voice.

I call the Zumo a bad word that starts with B every time she goofs and makes me look bad when people are following me. :doh:

wczimmerman - I like your avitar. Good family riding gear. Is sock monkey being well taken care of?

I've yet to hook up the audio on my Quest so I can't name him/her until I get to know the voice.

I call the Zumo a bad word that starts with B every time she goofs and makes me look bad when people are following me. :doh:

Loyed got me Sid for Christmas,, peachy gift I think. He giggled whe I changed it from a girls voice to a guys voice and said and I quote " At least there is ONE guy she will take direction from" :rofl:

wczimmerman, great timimg on the post.

The USB port on my GPS stopped working a couple of days ago. Did not want to send it to Garmin for a $150 repair so called them today after reading your post.

Got the standard $150 flat fee repair line, I told the support dude that I thought that was expensive and I could probably shop ebay for a used one for that price. I then got the "Well sir that is what we charge" so I mentioned that I knew peeps that got the work doen for less, after a couple of minutes waiting for him to talk to his supervisor $75 bucks.
It is being sent out tonight :sun:

wczimmerman, great timimg on the post.

The USB port on my GPS stopped working a couple of days ago. Did not want to send it to Garmin for a $150 repair so called them today after reading your post.

Got the standard $150 flat fee repair line, I told the support dude that I thought that was expensive and I could probably shop ebay for a used one for that price. I then got the "Well sir that is what we charge" so I mentioned that I knew peeps that got the work doen for less, after a couple of minutes waiting for him to talk to his supervisor $75 bucks.
It is being sent out tonight :sun:

:clap: Excellent! Glad to see that my experience helped you out, too!

bought my daughter a new gps for the car we gave her. I knew when she was learning to drive she never paid attention on how to get somewhere. she as used hers several times and loves it. she named her gps Mary lou Who.
Glad to hear garmin is taking care of it customers not like some companies

Got my "new to me" GPS today the thing looks like new.
They also sent it with a battery to boot :rider:

HI ANYONE,
I'M NEW TO THE FORUM& WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON A GPS.I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE ONE.I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE THAT I COULD USE ON MY 2 BIKES&IN MY CAR. COULD YOU RECOMMEND ONE THAT WOULD NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE?i WOULD APPRECHIATE ALL THE HELP I COULD GET.
THANKS,TOM S.

Back