• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Report - First long two-up

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Brenda has ridden with me to the weekly gatherings at Kings Cafe in Montgomery the last 3-4 weeks, but that's only about 30 miles each way.

Today was the first time we've ventured well beyond that and she did well. We wound up doing 170 miles in a leisurely 5 hours including time for lunch at Kings on the way home. We ran up 149 to Anderson, down 3090 to Hwy 6, over to Millican and down 159, back to Anderson via 90, down to Navasota on 1774, and then back in on 105. Some of this was a repeat of yesterday's ride with Steve and Jan (electrified and silverstreak) so I appreciate them "showing me the way".

For those who haven't been on it, 3090 is a good one. Up, down, left, right... repeat.

I'm still getting used to having the extra mass on the bike so we kept the speeds down and I only made one error with that hard right turn into Richards when I crossed the line by about a foot. :oops:

Full report and a couple of photos

Texas T said:
txmedic said:
Where are your fairing scoops? :-)
:scratch They're on there. :scratch

I was looking at your website pictures

day1wash.jpg

Oh, that was Day 1 right after it had been washed. The PO had removed the scoops. I put them on after I took the photo. Check the other pages on the site. Which way do you have your scoops facing... big end first or small end?
pict0168.jpg

Don't know if you have one or not, but I put on a fork brace. I had bought a SuperBrace from a COG member a while back but didn't get around to installing it until two days ago.

WHAT a world of difference it makes!

If you don't have one yet, Murphs sells one.

I wish I still had the side panels that cover the luggage mounting points. At $62 each, I doubt I'll get them. I'll have to consider the brace, I know I'll upgrade the suspension soon.

$62 each from Ma Kaw or from Ron Ayers? He's quite a bit cheaper than the factory prices.

Put a Wanted post on the COG main For Sale page or check the ebay listings too.

Back