• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Fury how very original

Reaction score
What a visionary bike to build another factory chopper. PLEASE HONDA STOP THE MADNESS, and thanks for being so in touch with what we want. Even chopper boy Jesse James said the chopper is dead. Good luck with your new masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it this one?

v8.jpg

:rider: :lol2:

Why doesn't the back tire look like it fits?

Even chopper boy Jesse James said the chopper is dead.

Yep. Well, for now, anyway. The chopper is a fashionable item. Like most other fads and fashions, it'll likely come back into vogue again in another 25 or 30 years, just as it returned in the early 2000s.

But hey, to anyone who likes these kinds of bikes, buy one and enjoy it. It's your life and your money. But as for my opinion -- may the wide-tire, stretched-out, semi-functional, semi-gay chopper rest in peace.

Last edited:
You know, I was invited to be on a survey team for this thing almost 3 years ago. If they had released it then it would have sold like hot cakes. But now, it's just yet another stupid move by American Honda.

You know, I was invited to be on a survey team for this thing almost 3 years ago. If they had released it then it would have sold like hot cakes. But now, it's just yet another stupid move by American Honda.

Where's that +1 smilie? This thing is the epitome of "day late dollar short". To think they actually expended engineering dollars to make a frame, versus just buying a few Euro bikes to sell here is mind boggling.

Honda's ad campaign of the '60s was, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda! :sun: " Based on the faces in this ad, they might be saying, "You meet the weirdest psychopaths on a Honda :evil: "

Yea I know keep the lesser brands off our forum, I guess my former Honda loyalty still comes through now and then. I was part of a new bike survey about 2.5 years ago and it was quite clear by some of the parts and the vtx 1300 motor that it was a Honda. they had three different mockups of chopper style bikes and asked us what we thought about the styling and features of each. I thought it was interesting that they asked us what we thought about a bike that looked like a big inch cruiser but was maybe something smaller. It looks like they ran with it. Honda repeat after me (no more cruisers)

...Even chopper boy Jesse James said the chopper is dead....

I saw him a few weeks ago riding a custom down 360 here in Austin. No long raked fork and no fat-*** rear tire. I hope all those guys made their fortune and saved some it, 'cause it's pretty clear that the custom chopper fad is dead dead dead.

Cheers,

Ben

I like it. It's the only factory chopper that looks like a chopper.

They should have used the 1800 cc motor.

just trying to play in the Yamaha Star game, several years too late. I'm not a chopper guy, or even a cruiser guy, but to me, the thing just looks a little too plain jane. It's got nothing that makes it stand out.

I saw him a few weeks ago riding a custom down 360 here in Austin. No long raked fork and no fat-*** rear tire. I hope all those guys made their fortune and saved some it, 'cause it's pretty clear that the custom chopper fad is dead dead dead.

Cheers,

Ben

Being married to Sandra Bullock, I doubt JJ needs to work anyhow.

I wonder what ever happened to the DUI one that killed the guy on the scooter with his Dodge truck. Billy Lane, I think?

Not too shabby. Not my style but its not too bad lookin.

Attachments

• 011609middle2.jpg
    011609middle2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 154
  • 011609top.jpg
    011609top.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 157
I don't mind..... "different rides for different folks",
it's what makes the world go 'round.

But I can see soooo many different bikes in that Honda. It's busy, it's 'parts-is-parts', it's different 'stuff', it's a "Fury" of after-thought, of what once was, of novelty taking it's last breath.

Yeah, it's a Fury..... of an unkempt and played-out design!
(I coulda done better. ((make mine a Victory 8 Ball))

I like all kinds of bikes. I have a Honda ST1300 and HD V-ROD, and saving for a dirt bike. But a drive shaft on a chopper just doesn't look right.

Back