• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FREE Mini Tripods (2 pack)

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
This is one of the sites I check periodically for bargains. Today's bargain happens to be a FREE pair of mini tripods identical to one I ride with and keep in my tank bag. The site says it'll only cost ya $3.99 shipping to get them to your door. **No affiliation, just a bargain shopper passing on a deal, buy at your own risk**

THIS IS ON SALE SATURDAY JANUARY 17th ONLY. The website will switch to something else after the day is over.

http://www.1saleaday.com/

100754_1.jpg

I've also used a velcro strap to attach it to my mirror stalk to shoot video. The legs are quite stiff, yet bendable:

326722680_3wb3k-M.jpg

For those interested in daily bargain shopping, you'll want to bookmark that one and:
www.woot.com (mostly electronics and household items)
www.steepandcheap.com (mostly camping/outdoor products, sales last a few hours each)
www.outdoordaily.com (all camping/outdoor stuff)

Last edited:
Excellent. You have now been elected to be the official check-the-1saleaday-site person every night at midnight and relay any sweet deal to the rest of us who are too lazy to click on it to check.
;-)

My contribution for the day is from WOOT...

A refurbed Sandisk MP3 player for $29.99 including shipping.
http://www.woot.com/

Last edited:
Excellent. You have now been elected to be the official check-the-1saleaday-site person every night at midnight and relay any sweet deal to the rest of us who are too lazy to click on it to check.

I check all of those sites every night already, and S&C more frequently throughout the day. :mrgreen:

The key is to not see a cheap price and assume it's a great deal. Unless you're familiar with the product (like the Jetboil that was on Outdoor Daily a few days ago for $60) it's always in your best interest to do a little searching and price comparisons. Sometimes the price is in line with what you'd pay on eBay or on sale at other retailers like Amazon.

I got a pair of Sansa 1G MP3 players for $12.99 a while back. I like having backup music sources on the bike in case one bounces down the road or Mother Nature kills it. I also picked up a Dremel 2-tool cordless combo pack for under $70 just before Christmas, so it made a great gift (that Ill be sharing). ;-)

I just ran across this thread today. It may be just pure luck, but the tripods are free today. I just ordered a set. Thanks for the link Squeaky. :clap:

Oh my goodness.... I check these sites from time to time... If I had not just bought a three season tent a few months ago I would be all over the deal today on Steep and Cheap

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

Watch your credit cards closely!!! :angryfire:biggun::pound:

My Discover card just got hijacked. The only thing I use it for is online purchases and these guys were the last I used legitimately. It had been 45 days prior to that for previous purchase.

Discover text'd me with a fraud alert last night. They had a one iTunes charge 2 days ago and a sizable charge from some ski shop online yesterday.

That is going around... Sunday I had a fraud alert from a card that I have not used or carried a balance on in quite some time. Bank of America reps told me that someone is using pseudo random number generator to try and fake out merchants. Once they get a hit on a small purchase or two they go for large ones until it gets shut down. I know one other person this has happened to in the last week too.

Please clarify. Did 1saleaday or steepandcheap put fraudulent charges on your cards?

Not mine.... paypal transactions to questionable vendors were the small ones on mine, then larger purchases from legitimate vendors, then my card company halted things and blocked my card. The other person's card issues also started with paypal transactions. Neither of the two cards in my example were tied to paypal accounts.... there was nothing in advance that I could have done to either spark or prevent what happened here.

I am also curious whether Gary's fraud was related to these guys, or a random attack like mine was.

Please clarify. Did 1saleaday or steepandcheap put fraudulent charges on your cards?
they did not.

I was just trying to connect the possible dots. Ed's explanation makes sense. The first fraud charge was on iTunes for $1. Once they got a successful hit there, then they could try other sites with bigger purchases.

Ed, how would they match the randomly generated numbers up with a name. Wouldn't they have to have the name at a minimum? I would assume iTunes at least requires your name, billing address and number to match up?

Last edited:
they did not.

I was just trying to connect the possible dots. Ed's explanation makes sense. The first fraud charge was on iTunes for $1. Once they got a successful hit there, then they could try other sites with bigger purchases.

Ed, how would they match the randomly generated numbers up with a name. Wouldn't they have to have the name at a minimum? I would assume iTunes at least requires your name, billing address and number to match up?

Want to double-check again. For anybody that bought through 1saleday, have you had any fraudulent charges since then?

Back