• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kudos for Destination Cycle - Kerrville, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Last Name
Duff

I can't say enough about this wonderful dealership. They're family-owned, professional, and very friendly. They know their product line and are always more than willing to sit and "talk shop" with people. The sales staff is supportive but not pushy - if you want to just go in and window shop, they don't give you a hard time or pressure you. They also have a full service shop on-site, and do plenty of work and maintenance there. My 600-mile maintenance on the the Bandit 1250 there only came out to $120 or so, including labor, and the bike was ready in an hour and some change. To give a detailed explanation of just how eager to work with the customer they are:

I decided to buy my 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS while I was deployed in Southwest Asia. I didn't have reliable phone access, obviously, so doing research and finding my motorcycle was difficult - there weren't a lot of dealers with the ABS model in stock in the April/May timeframe. My parents (also awesome, also deserving of major kudos) were in Florida, and did some calling around for me. Alamo Cycleplex was completely useless - they told me before I deployed that they could have one there "in a couple days" once a deposit was down, but when the time came to put my money in, they said there were "none in Texas" and that I'd have to try somewhere like California (what?!). So after looking up and calling somewhere in the range of fifty dealerships around Texas with lackluster results, my parents got ahold of Becky at Destination Cycle, who told them that a Bandit 1250S ABS was sitting in a crate, on the way to their store. Of course, we put the deposit down immediately. The dealership was awesome about preparing the paperwork and holding onto the bike for me. I arrived back in the States May 31st, and picked the bike up that Tuesday morning. I've purchased a used car at a dealership before, but this was my first experience with a new motorcycle; the staff at the dealership made the process pain-free, never once tried to pull the wool over my eyes, and made me feel right at home. They made sure I was comfortable with the motorcycle and familiar with it before I left the lot, and I rode her home a happy owner.

Two months later, I wrecked the bike and spent nine days in the hospital. While there, as luck would have it, the dealership called me to tell me that if I knew anyone else interested in one, they had just received another identical 1250S ABS and wanted to give me a heads-up. I told them what happened with my accident, and asked them if they could hold onto the bike for me. Of course, they said yes, and a month after I wrecked I went up to the dealership and again went through the pain-free (well, as far as the purchasing!) process of picking up Bandit #2. Since I couldn't ride it home, they offered to keep it at the shop for me and deliver it to me the next time they made a dealer transfer to San Antonio. When I asked them how much it would cost to send it out, they said, "don't worry about that." A few weeks later, the owner of the dealership showed up in front of my house with my motorcycle, pulled it off the trailer and parked it in my garage for me. No charge; wouldn't even accept a tip.

So if you find yourself in Kerrville on something other than a Sunday or Monday, be sure to stop in, grab a cup of free coffee, and browse their selection of new and used toys. These people truly are a class act and they give the motorcycle sales industry a good name. Plus, if you're into socializing, they do a "Two-Wheel Tuesday" dinner at Classic's Burgers (also in Kerrville); if I'm not mistaken, there's a 10% biker discount (though that might be with one of these many cards I was given when I bought my bike). Good people.

I'm glad you had a great experience with Destination. They are really great folks. They are a huge supporter and member of the HSTA and always treat everyone great. I personally have never heard a bad thing about them. Each year at the annual Texas Hill Country Rally they provide food of some sort and social get together during the rally, that is a blast.

Back