• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MX event in Austin this weekend

je2000

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
So is anyone going to this Arenacross EXTRAVAGANZAAAAAAAAAA this weekend in Austin?

I've never been to an official MX race, might as well make it ArenaCross. What I'd REALLY like to see is an EnduroCross race. That stuff is insane!!

So is anyone going to this Arenacross EXTRAVAGANZAAAAAAAAAA this weekend in Austin?

I've never been to an official MX race, might as well make it ArenaCross. What I'd REALLY like to see is an EnduroCross race. That stuff is insane!!

I didn't know anything about the arenacross. I did see a while back they were doing one at a county fair or something.
My son & I went to a track north of Fort Worth (oakhill) last weekend. There were over 800 race entries, with 25 pro riders in the 250 class. Even with a bad weekend for us he finished 4th. There are two MX Amateur nationals held in Texas each March. Total combined entries for these two event will top 7000. With folks from all over the USA & other countries as well. You will enjoy arenacross, but I assure you if you had the chance to attend one of the large outdoor events you would be amazed at what you would witness. And would probably be looking for a MX bike as well to try it yourself. If you go to the arenacross I would be interested to know who were the top pro riders there.

You won't find any "top pro" riders at the Expo Center races. That said, it's still pretty fun to watch. Last year they had Pee Wee races (some still with training wheels!) all the way to fast very fast amateurs on 450s. Quads too, they make funny noises when they land.

Hopefully we'll be going Friday night, kids behavior permitting. We had a lot of fun last year.

$1000.00 to the winner of the 250 & 450 pro class according to the web site.
Dang we already have suspension testing plans we can't break. This would have been a great opportunity for us to make some much needed $$$$$$$ & have some fun had I known a couple of weeks ago.
I know Stewart, Reed, Windham will not skip the next round of Supercross to race this event, but I am still interested to know the name of the guy that wins the pro classes listed.
If you see Williams #142 out front you will know we found a way to make there, but I don't see how right now.

Pretty cool stuff guys. I'm still making friends out here so I figure if I show up on the KLX, sm wheels or dirt- it's an opportunity to meet some people.

Thanks for the link Chirpy. As I looked @ the results of last year's races & the first two rounds this of year, this is a bigger series & event than I first thought. Lots of classes with good rider turnout. The pro classes are packed with top Texas, & regional talent. Some with current factory support. Most have raced in AMA Supercross & AMA Outdoor Nationals, even having top finishes there. I also know most all personally & my son has raced a few over the last couple of weekends. That being said>>>>>>>>>>>:lol2: just kidding.
But yes in my mind the guys that place up front during the weekend will be the "TOP PROS" there.
With the potential for a $4000.oo weekend payday for a pro who can win all 4 pro main event races, there will be some good bar banging action. I'll check the results on the web site after the race. :eek2: :popcorn:

If you see Williams #142 out front you will know we found a way to make there, but I don't see how right now.

Good deal on the previous race.
You should be proud.

Uh,not sure if you should bring him trail riding with us,I feel slow enough already;-)

Good deal on the previous race.
You should be proud.

Uh,not sure if you should bring him trail riding with us,I feel slow enough already;-)

Yea very proud & at that level getting the bike right is so important. We are just getting new 09's & they are way different from the 07 & 08 KX's. So we work together trying different set ups during the week & @ the race events. Which for me is soooo cool seeing a rider pick up the pace & get more comfortable because we guessed right. And believe me many changes are just an educated best guess. We are back on the circuit for the first time in 7years. Which is why I was riding my KLX every chance I got knowing how busy things would get. He has had his share of top 5 finishes @ national events but his goal this year is to win a national title & he may actually have his best opportunity yet.
Yes he can make you feel real slow. Over the past years I would get to feeling pretty good with my riding & challenge him, with him on a small pit bike & me on his full on race 250's. Not even close, I think he would rail me on a tricycle. I have been talking to him about riding the forest with me as I do believe it would be great cross training for any MX racer. Not to mention being a change of pace & a lot of fun......But he wants his own dual sport to do that kind of stuff & so far the money & the right bike haven't come around.

Pretty cool stuff guys. I'm still making friends out here so I figure if I show up on the KLX, sm wheels or dirt- it's an opportunity to meet some people.

Did you make it to the arenacross....was it what you expected?

Sorry guys, I didn't make it.

Looking @ the results it looks like we missed some good race action. However if you want to see what a REAL motocross race looks like just take the KLX a couple of hours north to Lake Whitney MX park in Lake Whitney, Tx. My son & I will be going up toningt practice tomorrow hanging out Saturday while the small bikes race & racing Sunday. I plan to bring the KLX to do some local Dual Sporting Saturday. :rider:

Back