• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Route from DFW to Hico area

Kidder

Reaction score
I'm looking for some DS roads for a ride from DFW to the Hico area. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is a short route that Mikeal (IDR) took us on when were headed to TAR in 2007. It starts out asphault, goes to gravel. We had 4 water crossings that spring.

dual_sport.jpg

I also have a GPS file with this track if you would like it.

There are several local (Tarrant/Johnson counties) dual sport resources for these routes. Hopefully, they will provide some more routes.

Oh yeah! I have ridden that same route on my DR a few months ago, highly recommended. In fact if the weather is not artic I will join you on the way to the pie run, or any other time you want to make that run.

Oh yeah! I have ridden that same route on my DR a few months ago, highly recommended. In fact if the weather is not artic I will join you on the way to the pie run, or any other time you want to make that run.

Sounds good, Brad.

when are yall going to do this i would like too tag a long on my ktm i live in granbury tony this weekend :sun: maybe :rider:

There are several local (Tarrant/Johnson counties) dual sport resources for these routes. Hopefully, they will provide some more routes.

I'd be interested in any Tarrant/Johnson county routes that you might want to give out.

Thanks... Jim

Due to the weather I will not be riding my DR650 tomorrow, but instead will be on my FJR. So all paved for me.

Yall have fun if you keep it to dirt roads.

That would make a good loop, coming back on 51. That's the best part of the road being by-passed (if you're into riding good roads).

Back