• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GreatDayToRide.com review

Reaction score
As most of us know all too well, the stock SV seat leaves much to be desired. I recently moved to an area without many curvy/fun roads so I'll be doing a lot more touring. Figure I better do something about the plank, I mean seat.

Didn't really want to spend ~$300 on an aftermarket seat, so I checked out Great Day To Ride. $75 for basic modification and Supracor upgrade...now that's more like it! Shipping was $12.75 each way, bringing the total to right at $100 - one third the cost of a Corbin!

Shipped my seat out Monday Feb. 2nd. Spencer received it the following (last) Thursday. He had it completed and sent out the next day. I received it this afternoon...only 9 days from when I removed it from the bike to re installation.

I haven't ridden with it yet so I can't provide an in-depth review yet, but I can give first impressions. I opted for lowering, but it doesn't seem any lower. That may have something to do with the layer of Supracor underneath the foam, or it could just be because the foam isn't broken in yet. At any rate, I think it'll caress my bum much better than the factory board. The foam used is softer and he shaped it so that there's a small 'pocket' where you sit. Hips are rotated back a little for a more natural feel and to take weight off your arms and into your core muscles. The Supracor seems like it'll absorb bumps nice-like!

Was it worth $100? From my initial impression, **** yeah!

Hmm, some random box showed up on my doorstep, complete with blurred out address and everything! :p :
3273009857_b93d55b1b2_o.jpg

Hey look, he sent me something to read while on the can!
3272964551_799a54c25c_o.jpg

He's got this one in the bag ;D
3272964527_f69c10defa_o.jpg

Now how did this thing jump in there? Its owner must be worried sick!
3273784310_64f8b417ac_o.jpg

It even rolled over so I could scratch its belly....maybe I'll keep it!
3273784242_2c0e5c151f_o.jpg

3272964403_8c1c8a03e5_o.jpg

OEM seat:
3273784144_4359b81bfc_o.jpg

GreatDayToRide.com seat (blue splotch is a reflection):
3273784094_ef8fc3a985_o.jpg

And a couple for good measure...
3273784382_8927ee4d51_o.jpg

3273784414_f3647eca40_o.jpg

I'm receiving a new Shark RSR2 helmet tomorrow (also have a new jacket and gloves to try out). I'll get a better impression of this seat then!

+1 on Spencer's work. I had him do my 599 seat a few years ago. He did my wife's ST1300 seat too. I want to send my VFR seat off one day when I get a chance. I have to wait for a forecast with bad weather all week when I won't need the bike so I can send it off!

You could do what I did and purchase another seat to use while yours is under the knife, then resell the one you bought when you receive yours back.

You could do what I did and purchase another seat to use while yours is under the knife, then resell the one you bought when you receive yours back.
Not worth the hassle to me considering when I send Spencer something on a Friday, it's back before the next weekend as long as check his turnaround time.

I borrowed an OEM seat from someone that had purchased a Sargent seat. Spencer does good work.

Back