• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finally going to get back on the Bandit

Roy

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Tomorrow! ever since I bought the B-King back in late Nov. I have only rode the Bandit maybe 3 short rides around town mostly errand stuff. Well tomorrow I will stretch her legs for 300+ miles down to Madisonville, La. to watch a boat parade which is a annual event down there during Mardis Gra. North shore of lake Ponchatrain (sp?). Plan to eat some crawfish while visiting. You just can't go to Louisiana without sampling seafood:eat:

Temps when leaving in the AM will be mid 30's brrrrrr the heated gear will be running prolly all day since the high is only 55 and near water.:rider:

Wishing you a safe & FUN trip! And you're right: not possible (& not smart) to resist the seafood!!:eat:
(what's a B-King please?)

(what's a B-King please?)

This is the B-King:
355609184.jpg

This is the B-King:
355609184.jpg

Please let us know how the B King is different from the Bandit. I love my Bandit but I do have my eyes :eek2: on a B King. Actually I have my eyes on a Buell 1125 also :rider:.

Thanks very much and have a Great Ride!!!!:sun:

The B-King is one tough bike. So far it has outrun everything I have come up against dumb enough to challenge it. Last weekend it laid waste to a very hot '08 GSX-R1000 with a Bazazz fuel system and M4 exhaust. We punched out both in 4th gear at 80 mph the B-King had two bike lengths on him at 140 mph and I let off once so he could catch back up a little:lol2: today out on a ride it put a '08 CBR1000RR down the same way.:doh: It handles good in the turns also. The brakes are good. only complaint some may find is the soft springs front and rear me no problem I am 150 lbs so it totes me just fine. I have it -1+1 on the gearing:mrgreen: trust me it's a beast like this. Spinning the rear tire is very easy anywhere anytime. I love to light it up off turns but I am somewhat crazy:eek2: I get alot of laughs and jokes about it on ride meet ups but after they see it go they don't come back talking trash anymore.

A latest pic:

B-King005.jpg

The B-King is one tough bike. So far it has outrun everything I have come up against dumb enough to challenge it. Last weekend it laid waste to a very hot '08 GSX-R1000 with a Bazazz fuel system and M4 exhaust. We punched out both in 4th gear at 80 mph the B-King had two bike lengths on him at 140 mph and I let off once so he could catch back up a little:lol2: today out on a ride it put a '08 CBR1000RR down the same way.:doh: It handles good in the turns also. The brakes are good. only complaint some may find is the soft springs front and rear me no problem I am 150 lbs so it totes me just fine. I have it -1+1 on the gearing:mrgreen: trust me it's a beast like this. Spinning the rear tire is very easy anywhere anytime. I love to light it up off turns but I am somewhat crazy:eek2: I get alot of laughs and jokes about it on ride meet ups but after they see it go they don't come back talking trash anymo

A latest pic:

B-King005.jpg

Wow looks good!!!:clap:

So why do you keep both your bikes with wood under the kickstand? I'd be worried about bumping it and causing it to slide and maybe tip over.

It's got to be hard on tires! :trust:

It is;-)

1700 miles and the rear is about shot. It came with good tires Dunlop Qualifiers not the cheap crap the Bandit came with. I am putting a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's on it within the next week.

So why do you keep both your bikes with wood under the kickstand? I'd be worried about bumping it and causing it to slide and maybe tip over.

Because I have too many motorcycles and a Honda S2000 sportscar parks about 2' from the side of the B-King normally.:eek2: They are not going anywhere the B-King leans over way too much anyway. The other bike behind it is a '08 Ninja 250 and I have since lowered it for my wife so need for a wood block anymore on it. It also leaned over too much stock.

Tight quarters at my house and that is not all the bikes in the pic below. There is a RM-Z450 dirtbike on the far left wall and the Bandit 1250 is right behind the John Deere mower. It's a disease I know it but to be honest I am trying to sell the GSX-R1000 in the corner just waiting for warmer weather so I will get some decent interest in it.

B-King006.jpg

Yes it is......now if there was a way to get rid of the "kitchen table" in front of you when you're riding it would even be better!! :mrgreen: Roy knows what I mean. :mrgreen:

"kitchen table" goes away once you roll off;-) you never notice it again.

Ahh, a thread about a B-King clevererly desguised as a thread about a Bandit. :lol2:

Not really but I have been riding the King more but the trusty 1250 was the work horse last year. 21k miles and counting. 300 miles yesterday at 43 mpg. King is an attention getter anyway you want to cut it. Park it anywhere and the questions start flying post a pic on the internet and the questions start flying. It's all good.....:rider:

Not really but I have been riding the King more but the trusty 1250 was the work horse last year. 21k miles and counting. 300 miles yesterday at 43 mpg. King is an attention getter anyway you want to cut it. Park it anywhere and the questions start flying post a pic on the internet and the questions start flying. It's all good.....:rider:

Oh by the way, I'd like to ride one myself. :rider:

I would love to ride a B-King
Bet it makes the Bandit feel like a mini bike

You might be suprised by this but the Bandit is very similar up to a point. The Bandit is alot smoother at the 5k rpm range, the King is quite buzzy there almost unsettling in a way. Above or below it is smooth. The Bandit 1250 has a more linear power delivery than the B-King. The B-King reminds me of my GSX-R1000 with that raw feel and not quite as refined. The 1250 does not like revs the B-King revs freely like a GSXR. The engine specs are very similar between the 1250 and B-King. The FI is much better on the King than the 1250 night and day difference. The Bandit feels alot smaller after riding the king for a while. The extra weight of the B-King is something you never get used to. One thing is for sure the B-King lives up to the King part. I have yet to be beat on it.:mrgreen:

When I want comfort and a relaxed smooth bike without a question I grab the Bandit keys. The Bandit is a great motorcycle:rider:

You might be suprised by this but the Bandit is very similar up to a point. The Bandit is alot smoother at the 5k rpm range, the King is quite buzzy there almost unsettling in a way. Above or below it is smooth. The Bandit 1250 has a more linear power delivery than the B-King. The B-King reminds me of my GSX-R1000 with that raw feel and not quite as refined. The 1250 does not like revs the B-King revs freely like a GSXR. The engine specs are very similar between the 1250 and B-King. The FI is much better on the King than the 1250 night and day difference. The Bandit feels alot smaller after riding the king for a while. The extra weight of the B-King is something you never get used to. One thing is for sure the B-King lives up to the King part. I have yet to be beat on it.:mrgreen:

When I want comfort and a relaxed smooth bike without a question I grab the Bandit keys. The Bandit is a great motorcycle:rider:

But I'd still be pissed when ya passed me;-)

Acceleration=B KING=
4_15_2.jpg

Back