• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone have a good remedy for swamp-***?

Reaction score
Texas heat is creeping up on us. What have you all used that helps prevent swamp-butt? I've read about sheepskins (mixed reviews), taxi-driver beads (seem to be the best, but super fugly), airhawk (have one-not a huge difference regarding heat, but very comfortable)

Any other options out there? What works best for you? Are there any kinds of special riding pants or skivvies? My butt thanks you in advance!

UnderArmor Heatgear and stand-up wheelies..... Git Yo' Knees In Da' Breeze!!!! :dude:

(seriously - UnderArmor works)

Anti-Monkey Butt Powder

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

72900_lg.jpg

Anti-Monkey Butt Powder

Yep, used that stuff when dirt biking in Moab and CO. Great stuff, and great for monkey-butt. I'm not so sure it would prevent moisture on a long ride in the Texas heat though. Seems like more of a pain killer than sweat killer..

if its sweat you're worried about, I've heard of people using Drysol for over active sweat glad (armpits and stuff), I don't see why it wouldn't keep the nether region from sweating. Though I've also heard it BURNS when applied

http://www.buydrysol.com/

BTW I was kidding about the drysol thing

I've heard good things about this cushion, but haven't tried it. Looks like lots of people want to as they are way back-ordered.

maybe the type of undies that wick moisture away?? perhaps some runners can help with brabds?

I still think Monkey butt is a myth made up to sell more goodies to motorcyclists. :trust:

Seriously though, try the under armor and strech you legs to raise off the seat every now and then and you should be fine. I used the underarmor moisture wicking underwear in the military to prevent issues when we were doing humps or were in the field when it was really muggy and hot. They were an improvement over hanes skivies.

+1 on anti monkey butt powder. All the advantages of baby powder without smelling like a nursery.

Seriously I do find it cuts down on chafing and absorbs moisture.

Actually, I carry a mixture if 1/3 Monkeybutt, 1/3 J&J baby powder and 1/3 Gold Bond. Works pretty well with UnderArmor.

Just get the beads and be done with it. It makes the seat more comfy, and cools your junk as well. It's the best money I've ever spent on my Strom.

The best way to prevent is to wear bicycle shorts under your clothing as they wick away moisture. Also use the powders or creams made for bicycling.

The best way to prevent is to wear bicycle shorts under your clothing as they wick away moisture. Also use the powders or creams made for bicycling.

do you where the cycling shorts with the padded seat area (aka chamios)?

I still think Monkey butt is a myth made up to sell more goodies to motorcyclists. :trust:

Under the right conditions, it is very real. :giveup:

Personally I don't see a difference in short days vs. long days - the big difference is the under-clothing's ability to control the sweat and get it away from the skin. Giving yourself a semi-wedgie with the wicking shorts seems to work wonders. :lol2:

Personally I don't see a difference in short days vs. long days - the big difference is the under-clothing's ability to control the sweat and get it away from the skin. Giving yourself a semi-wedgie with the wicking shorts seems to work wonders. :lol2:

:brainsnap

T....M....I.... :eek2: :rofl:

I had my custom seat made with cloth cover instead of leather or vinyl. It has kept me happily dry and chafe free for about 60,000 miles so far.
diamondseats.com

Just get the beads and be done with it. It makes the seat more comfy, and cools your junk as well. It's the best money I've ever spent on my Strom.

I just may do that, thy are cheap. Or I may get those, padded biker shorts and Monkey Butt powder! LOL!

Back