• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

which rack is better /

IBEW

Reaction score
Hello , I cant decide between the sw motech quik lock rack or the givi contour rack for the givi or suzuki hard cases . what are your preferences and opinions on which is the better rack system ? thanx , mike

I have the Suzuki racks with the Suzuki cases. The Suzuki rack is very sturdy and another plus that I have seen mentioned several times is that the Suzuki mount for the top case sits lower than some of the others.

I mainly have what I have because of the deal that I made with the dealer when I purchased the bike. I got 25% off of all accessories for the first month. If I had to do it over, I would consider the quick release type because I sometimes ride without the cases.

I am sure others will chime in with their thoughts on the other choices.

I think I'm dreaming if I believe the SW Motech quick-release system will fit (on) my OEM luggage rack. The Suzuki luggage rack sits VERY low, thus my having chosen it. My top case has been a God-send these last 7,000 miles, but I want the side hard bags someday.

If SW Motech won't fit on my OEM luggage rack, it'll go up for sale.... but I'm keeping the top case. Soooo..... I would advise you go with the SW Motech luggage rack, given as how you're already thinking in that direction.

Overall, I like the Suzuki OEM racks best. I'm biased, but I think I'm fair...

If I ran around w/o the cases much and only carried minimal stuff around, the SW Motech setup would be my choice...

Here's the skinny: The Suzuki luggage racks are stout, really stout. I carry lots of stuff, all the time. I commute everyday, pick up groceries, beer, illegal immigrants, etc. I don't want to worry about putting too much weight in my top case. The SW Motech top case rack can't be able to handle the same amount of weight. Does it work fine for most people? Sure. Would it work for me? Maybe, but I don't want to worry about it.

All that said, the Givi stuff seems to be really good too, my complaint is that the top case gets mounted too high up. The side cases seem to be closer in, but given the choice, I'd rather have my side cases an inch further out vs. my top case being an inch higher.

The Suzuki, Givi, and SW Motech side case racks all seem sturdy. The main difference is in the design of the top case rack... that's why I focused on it. Good luck.

YMMV,

trey

I went with the SW Motech Quick Lock Racks and the OEM side bags and I am very pleased. I like the setup in that the bags are very close in. The bags and racks can all be removed in seconds and I really prefer the placement of the turn signals with the Motech racks vs. the OEM racks. The Motech system keeps the rear signals at virtually the same height as the original location while the OEM racks move the turn signals up much higher.

As I used My Givi only for rides on Week end, I choose the SW-Motech rack because it was essential for me to keep the bike with a sporty look during the week. I didn't remove that ugly rear mud gard and installed a hugger to have that ugly OEM rack stay on my bike when I don't have my Givi on.

You can see (or try to see ;-))on the first photo the only 2 small brackets left during the week
suzukiot3.jpg

I have the Suzuki rack and have been very happy with it. 25lbs in each side bag with no probs. I have the alu-rack up top with the give universal plate for my top bag, also 25lbs cross country in it. I was worried at first, but 6k miles later and no issues. Were I to go it again, i'd get the same ones i have now. But, I really, really like that you can take the SW motech's off. I dont use the side bags that often during the week.. just the top rack to slip between cars and the cleaner look would be great.

Will the SW motech rack fit with the Givi side case rack for the 2006 650 Bandit?

Thanks

Will the SW motech rack fit with the Givi side case rack for the 2006 650 Bandit?

Thanks

I suggest you stick to asking your questions in only one place - asking the same thing twice just gets messy.

I suggest you stick to asking your questions in only one place - asking the same thing twice just gets messy.

Sorry for that, I was getting frustrated at 1 am in the morning.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Its good to see bandit forum in this site.

Back