• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Go Pro Motorsports Hero Camera

Reaction score
Just got one. It seems to work well. Kinda had to get used to the curved nature of the picture. But the best part is, it can survive a fall; check the last seconds of the video I posted of my brother.

The sound recording is not bad either. There are 2 modes, one for high vibration and one for low vibrations and a plethora of mount options, including suction cup base and double sided sticky tape.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6223304952427149455

Well as posted else where in another thread We did a little test clip and found it to work great!
A great deal for the price and mounts that it comes with. Goes straight to the computer without the need for any software Windows Movie Maker handles it fine.
SRAD

Just got one. It seems to work well. Kinda had to get used to the curved nature of the picture. But the best part is, it can survive a fall; check the last seconds of the video I posted of my brother.

The sound recording is not bad either. There are 2 modes, one for high vibration and one for low vibrations and a plethora of mount options, including suction cup base and double sided sticky tape.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6223304952427149455

These are interesting cameras. Do they have a screen so that you can view what you shot?

So looking at options, is that the normal or wide angle lens option?

Sorry... I've had one about a year, and for the money... there is better. Just replaced it with a Sanyo Xacti E2 :) Much better video, audio, 8mp stills, zoom, screen, etc! You can find em for $150-200

i have the widescreen. The biggest thing compared to the sanyo are the mounting options the go pro has. Other than that, the specs on the Sanyo seem a lot better.

mike got some footage you can share while riding?

Sorry... I've had one about a year, and for the money... there is better. Just replaced it with a Sanyo Xacti E2 :) Much better video, audio, 8mp stills, zoom, screen, etc! You can find em for $150-200

Well, I just ordered the Sanyo Xacti VPC-E2 from Amazon. I should have it tomorrow for a weekend-workout. We'll see what kind of trouble it can get me in.

I don't use these, but I just snagged this from another forum.

They're releasing a firmware patch this month (apparently) that'll let you record movies to 4Gb in size, up from 2Gb (56 min?) on the current version ...
HOWEVER ...
You can use a larger SD card no worries, so long as you don't exceed the 2Gb size or it'll corrupt itself! I got a Class-6 8Gb SDHC card today and it works fine ... no reason you can't use bigger and just stop the recording every 50 mins
I cannot verify the validity of this, but figured I'd pass it on to those of you using these so you can at least know to check.

I have a friend that rides a lot of MTB and he uses the non-wide-angle version. Loves his. I've been meaning to swipe it from him and try it on the VFR, but haven't got around to it.

Back