• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RAW Photo Tips

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
No, I don't know enough to give any yet... YET! There have been a couple of different conversations surrounding RAW images, inside a couple of different threads lately. Well I found this article in the February 2009 edition of Popular Photography Magazine, and thought it worth sharing.

489860151_iabcg-O.png

What are some other tips on RAW images out there?

That article sums it up pretty well for me. I shoot RAW because every now and then I get a picture that I really want to print out, and not at the standard 5x7 size. I do not want to wish for more detail or picture data in those situations, so I shoot RAW+JPG on my Canon. JPG for most images, RAW for the "keepers".

With storage as cheap as it is now, and online backups, you might as well shoot RAW if your camera can do it; lack of storage space should never be an issue.

Back