• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mr Murphy's Law

Reaction score
Another example of Murphys law:

1) One way to guarrantee that a hurricane will come ashore near you is to ride to houston with one in the gulf (even if they say it is not going that far north). I had a seminar on Tueday in downtown H-town so I thought it would be fun to take a long ride down Monday night. Did park road 1 and all the back roads to Sealy and I10 in. Beautiful ride. But I would not have done it had they not said that Claudette was supposed to go south of Corpus.

2) One way to guarrantee that it wont rain, put on your rain gear. Before I left Tuesday around 4, I put on my gear thinking that I was going to catch up with all the rain that had already gone through Houston. I went 290E to get away from all the rain on I10 and sure enough it worked. The only reason I was wet when I got home was from sweating all the way back. It looked like it might rain at any time so I didnt want to stop and take off the gear, just in case. Boy it was windy though. Ever tried doing a 270 deg highway on ramp in 40-50 mph gusts. Never quite know which way to lean with the wind working around as you turn. What fun.

The great flood?

Howdy,

:tab I am beginning to wonder if it will ever stop raining. Historically, it usually stops raining by early to mid June and does not start again until late August or early September. It has rained here every single day for the last two months. Gets dark around noon, rumbles until 1:00pm and then around 2-3pm it unloads for about thirty minutes or so. Lots of flashing and booming. Today was no exception. The storms always seem to brew up at the same location so I'm guessing it has to be geography related, lakes, rivers, etc,... The lightning and thunder was exceptionally harsh today, quite the show from our covered back deck here at the office. Of course I rode today :| It is getting quite sunny out the window right now... 98... 99% humidity anyone? My VFR needs knobbies to get out of the spot where I am parked! Well, I hope it at least rained in town, my yard is hurting. The upside of all the rain is that the temperatures have been holding in the low nineties instead of the normal 100+ for this time of year! :lol:

Back