• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Turn signal help

IBEW

Reaction score
I just installed suzuki side cases with the givi plx side racks but there is no way in **** I am putting the relocation bracket on for the turn signals ! Please help me out with any suggestions . I have searched but have not found anything . thankyou, mike.

If you don't want to use relocation brackets for the stock turn signals then you'll be looking at aftermarket or non-stock alternatives. Anything from flush-mounts to mini LED signals have been used. This is my solution using Ducati units mounted to the licence plate light base on the rear fender:

Duc_lights.jpg

Ask 10 people with PLX bags and you'll get 10 different solutions to this problem, but the one thing they will all agree on is that the reloaction bracket is just too ugly to use. :eek2:

Check out the cleverly disguised thread called Bandit Turn Signals for some suggestions. You can buy short stalks or simply cut your stockers down to size - it's an easy mod and it's soft rubber. I have the same rack and thus had the exact same issue. Some people, like myself, mounted them on the spacer for the rear license light. I have since removed my spacer and relocated my modified short stalk stockers back to the factory holes. Looks very tight. You can see them in my youtube video as well at right about 25 seconds into it.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30725

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWGWo1VNvg

does anybody know if holeshot's cateye blinkers will clear the givi plx side racks & cases ? Has anyone mounted the proton's on the rear ?

does anybody know if holeshot's cateye blinkers will clear the givi plx side racks & cases ? Has anyone mounted the proton's on the rear ?

I have not seen anything mentioned about anyone running them with the PLX racks and cases. I do know that DW measured them and they were 3 inches long (Look here). Best bet is to go measure the space you have available on your bike and then go from there. Here is another option, on PJs Parts he shows the size of the Rizoma signals. Maybe one of these will fit? Looks like they run from about 2 1/4 to 2 7/8 inches. The direct link to this information is here. Let us know what you find out!

SignalSizes.jpg

IMG%5D

IMG_2636.jpg
[/IMG]

I was able to modify and shorten my stock signals to work with the Givi rack in the stock mounting location, now the back matches the front once again.

Last edited:
Back