• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit fun

rworm

Reaction score
Went for a short ride today with Rob jr. and some of our buddies.This
is all clean cut farm land where you can see a long ways in any direction.
Anyway,check out me and the Busa runnin.He's one of my good friends and
rides really well........He has it lowered 1'',V&H pipes and power prog.
Its an 07' and I PISS em off. :thumb:
Glad it wasn't any longer and he don't come off the line better(Which is cool)
Anyway one of my enjoyable moments today. :flip:

th_100_1179.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be nice to live out in the sticks. I have to ride about 15min to get into no where and still have to look for the sherif's. I bet the Busa will get you down the road some but your bike sounds real nice. Based on what Dale has to say, you might be better off with you stock air box over the pods. However, I still like the pod look and am thinking about pulling the Air box.

Mark

sounds like hes shifting before he even hits powerband, or is that just me? cool vid none the less. :mrgreen:

Must be nice to live out in the sticks. I have to ride about 15min to get into no where and still have to look for the sherif's. I bet the Busa will get you down the road some but your bike sounds real nice. Based on what Dale has to say, you might be better off with you stock air box over the pods. However, I still like the pod look and am thinking about pulling the Air box.

Mark

Dale's good I know butt............Pods for me......
Just a fun run between friends with the camera at the start line/
Down where the guys are he comes by me "FAST";-)

If you want to do pods try what worked for me on the concours ,, i tried a ton of jets and needle positions ,, always too lean or too fat :doh:, then i got to thinking:zen:what if i take the little snorkels out of the factory airbox and glue the pods to them ???? after all the factory had to have put a ton of r&d into them , right ? well guess what , as far as i can tell it doesnt matter what jets or needle combo i go with it alllllways works good ,,, do i want to go fast or do i want my mileage back , i have the 2 sets of jets all ready to switch out , , , , got it down to less than 30 minutes on a concours ! the bandit oughtto be a breeze when you do get the pods on there , one of these days im gonna see about patenting it , so yall all are my first witnesses when it comes to the patent thieves ! right !,,, seriously it works like a champ , all the low end torque that you lose with the pods is back with no loss on the top , pm me for a pic
Casey

If you want to do pods try what worked for me on the concours ,, i tried a ton of jets and needle positions ,, always too lean or too fat :doh:, then i got to thinking:zen:what if i take the little snorkels out of the factory airbox and glue the pods to them ???? after all the factory had to have put a ton of r&d into them , right ? well guess what , as far as i can tell it doesnt matter what jets or needle combo i go with it alllllways works good ,,, do i want to go fast or do i want my mileage back , i have the 2 sets of jets all ready to switch out , , , , got it down to less than 30 minutes on a concours ! the bandit oughtto be a breeze when you do get the pods on there , one of these days im gonna see about patenting it , so yall all are my first witnesses when it comes to the patent thieves ! right !,,, seriously it works like a champ , all the low end torque that you lose with the pods is back with no loss on the top , pm me for a pic
Casey

It's injected/ECM
I've dynoed mine and A/F is great;-)
Just don"t think it ran as well with box in place:nana:

You can tell at the end of the run where he just keeps on keeping on and getting smaller than yu in the horizon. Great fun. Good sounds.

Wish I had the skills to do a start like that, never learned how to and always feared burning up my clutch. Did you keep/put your right leg forward to maximize the weight over the front end? I was told this week that was why the SuperMotoCross (or whatever they call it) guys put their inside leg out on the track, and if they weren't putting out AND FORWARD they were doing it wrong.... that it's supposed to keep/put more weight over the front of the bike.

I must say though, I've never had a bike before this Bandit that was as easy to launch from a standing start.

Wish I had the skills to do a start like that, never learned how to and always feared burning up my clutch. Did you keep/put your right leg forward to maximize the weight over the front end? I was told this week that was why the SuperMotoCross (or whatever they call it) guys put their inside leg out on the track, and if they weren't putting out AND FORWARD they were doing it wrong.... that it's supposed to keep/put more weight over the front of the bike.

I must say though, I've never had a bike before this Bandit that was as easy to launch from a standing start.

I'm not slipping the clutch,actually just letting it out as fast as i can and
getting WFO as fast as possible.Clutch is fully engaged in the 1st
couple of feet.Just use my leg for a little balance off the start.
But my leg is behind me,not in front.

Back