• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NO SUGGESTIONS YET! (4/1/2009)-Best route from Austin to Tucumcari NM?

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Collins
Any suggestions for an interesting but somewhat quick routing to Tucumcari New Mexico from the Austin/ Cedar Park (1431 and 183) area??

I'm assuming I will either head west of 1431 to Marble falls (great road,but I have ridden it many times) or more likely, just head up 183 to 29 then across 29 to LLano and points north and west from there, but,.....I am open to any suggestions................

Brian

Re: Is there an interestin route from Austin/Cedar Park, TX to Tucumcari NM

After you get to Brady there is nothing interesting until you get to Tucumcari. In my opinion. I would save some time by going straight to 29 before heading west. It's a long ride if you are doing it in one day. Definitely doable though.

Actually, Tucumcari is not my final destination.....Las Vegas NM and camping at Storrie Lake is the final stop for the day. Its about a 700 mile day and takes a solid 12-14 hours of hard riding.

I am just trying to make the portion of the ride between Here and Tucumcari as interesting as possible without adding additional time to an already long day.

After you get to Brady there is nothing interesting until you get to Tucumcari. In my opinion. I would save some time by going straight to 29 before heading west. It's a long ride if you are doing it in one day. Definitely doable though.

I hope you are taking 104 to Las Vegas. From Las Vegas north to Angle Fire then west to Taos. Or 518 from Las Vegas to Taos. From Taos west on 64 all the way to Pagosa Springs. Now wer'e talking good interesting roads.

I hope you are taking 104 to Las Vegas. From Las Vegas north to Angle Fire then west to Taos. Or 518 from Las Vegas to Taos. From Taos west on 64 all the way to Pagosa Springs. Now wer'e talking good interesting roads.

Im good once I get to Tucumcari.

Back