• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2 (new) Riding suits for $499!!!

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a couple suits from the gentleman/business below. He's trying to fire up a new business providing motorcyclists with a pair of riding suits for under $500 (one mesh, AND one vented w/removable liner).

I took the liberty to copy/paste from a thread in a forum on the left coast ("BARF", Bay Area Rider's Forum). I gave him my money yesterday, and can expect my suits by the end of May:
------------------------------------------

Hi folks,
Just wanted to... (outline) our new deal of two riding suits for $499. Also, please feel free to ask away if you have any questions about our products. I will also try to paste some interesting queries from other customers over here.

Thanks

Materials Used
A very interesting question i received..

Hi Teiz,

First, thanks for this forum and your posts I read at the ADVrider forum. I am very interested in your suit and I appreciate your attitude of being up front trying to answer a lot of questions.

My concern is about materials used. Are these suits made of genuine Invista Cordura (no longer made by Dupont)? The balistic nylon of 1680D is certainly not made by Invista. They make Cordura of various deniers and I believe they make a 1050 denier balistic nylon (which is not cordura) but the 1680D balistic nylon is made in asia according to the following info I found:
http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904

If you could clarify what materials are being used i would really appreciate it.
To be fair, a lot of the major gear manufacturers are very vague about telling us excactly what their products are made of. Fieldsheer and Tourmaster use 'Carbolex' which is not cordura, it isn't even nylon. Firstgear uses "Hypertex" and who knows what that really is. Cordura is a brand we all know and trust. Aerostitch uses Cordura but only in 500 denier and it is coated which Motoport says is bad. I should probably not pay such close attention to all this but it is our skin that may some day be sliding along the ashpalt.

Thanks in advance, J

Response:
Hi,

loved the questions..

When Dupont gave up the the Cordura name, it has been freely used. Just like you said, many brands use different names for it now. What that material is basically cordura, but just not branded cordura (making it cheaper).

Want another example of this. Go to a store and check the waterproofing for various brands. They all will have a fancy hi-tech waterproof yet breathable liner. Some will call it Aqua Guard, some will call it Aquapore and so on. Its all basically the same stuff. If you got the branded version of it, you would call it Gore-Tex. So when you read reviews of these jackets, you will see they are quite waterproof, its just that they are not called Gore-Tex).

What about us then. We use cordura, just not branded by invista. There are two varities of this material. One made of polyester and one of nylon. Our 600D panels are made of Polyester and the 1680D panels are made of Nylon.

I hope this helps.
Ghazi

Mad kneedrag skillz, yo.

You say your armor is "CE-approved" - does that mean it has EN-1621 certification?

That is correct . The armor has EN-1621 certification

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to your review (pics too!) of the suits after you get them.

I've been riding motorcycles for over 38 years, averaging 25,000 miles a year. During that time I've not been able to buy any kind of protective gear off the rack, so I've been doing Levi jackets back in the day, leather later, and most recently Kevlar lined jeans. I had to jump at the opportunity to get these suits at the price advertised..... and was willing to pay more if need be, given my 5' 2"ness and (big) belly.

It'll be nice to have REAL protection for a change....

I just ordered a couple suits from the gentleman/business below. He's trying to fire up a new business providing motorcyclists with a pair of riding suits for under $500 (one mesh, AND one vented w/removable liner).

Wow! The stuff on the TEIZ web site looks great. But is it too good to be true?

I subscribed to their update list.

Lee

Fitty,

The suits look great on the website. Please do let us all know how they look/perform in real life. Thanks for posting this, it's nice to see there are more options out there for us. Wonder when they will have jackets and pants.

Am I correct in understanding that there is no water-proof liner for the mesh suit, but there is one for the vented suit?

Am I correct in understanding that there is no water-proof liner for the mesh suit, but there is one for the vented suit?

Correct, the mesh suit is designed for summer and only has waterproof pockets. I've been reading everything about them. Seems like a great deal!

It does indeed seem "too good to be true", but as I watched a YouTube video with the owner, read what I could on his site, and how he responded to questions he fielded on both "BARF" and "ADVrider", I decided that I have been making excuses long enough for not wearing appropriate gear, and decided to chance it.

I can expect my suits "by the end of May"..... but I take that to mean 'sometime in June, (possibly)'. I sacrificed money that I dog'eared to go toward bills, but I wanted to take enjoyment on the motorcycle to the NEXT level.

What's that they say?,
"You shouldn't dress for the ride, you should dress for the fall."

Got your tracking number yet?

Lee

_______________________________________________--

Sent: Tue 5/26/09 12:54 AM
To: info@teizms.com
1 attachment
image001.gif (2.6 KB)

Hello folks,

1) All suits due for shipping on May 31st have been sent out early. You will get an email with a tracking number for your order.

2) We have some stocks in stock. So if you did not order one before, you can still pick one up. They ship out within 2 business days of your order. You can find them here:
www.teizms.com/instock

Or click the “Browse inventory in stock” link on our website.

We also have some pre-production suits, both new and used, which you can find in the same section. This inventory will be updated regularly.

If you are not interested in pre-production stuff, you can jump directly to version 1.0 here:

http://teizms.com/instock/cross-continent-series-in-stock.html

3) The first set of reviews is starting to show up. Here is the first one by the folks at Outcast Cycles:
http://www.teizms.com/news_reviews/outcast_review.pdf
Keep an eye on our media page for more reviews that are expected to come out soon:
http://teizms.com/news

4) Now the really big news…. Custom Suits…..
We will soon start taking orders for custom suits. We will have an update on this very soon. Stay tuned.

Ghazi Farooq

ghazi@teizms.com

(309) 740 - 1674

www.teizms.com

I've been watching the info on these suits over on ADV and am very curious to see all the reactons when the first run gets to the recipients. WebBikeWorld liked the suit overall but was not pleased with some of the finer points of the mesh version. Seems the textile might be the better of the two if you're not buying the set.

There are details about my purchase with Teiz Motorsports that I can't go into right now. Had it not been for Ghazi Farooq's offer to help me with my 'circumstances'..... I may have waited to read more reports about his suits, ended up having to pay litterally TWICE the amount for ONE 'Stich or Motoport,
- OR -
never have gotten around to buying ANYTHING at all!

It was a no brainer for me. Even if his product is lacking in any way, it's going to be superior to my old Kevlar lined jeans and worn out Cortech mesh & leather.

All said, my tracking number tells me my suits should be arriving Thursday the 28th. I only hope that I can try one of 'em out before I go under the knife for a tear in my rotator cuff.

I think it's about time THIS 55 year old biker (averaging 25,000 miles a year) step up to the plate and do the right thing. I've seen the results of riders in full protective gear after a get-off. Why I've waited over 38 years to get my own is...... well,
let's just say that I am VERY grateful to Ghazi for his offer to help me with my particular need.

It was a no brainer for me. Even if his product is lacking in any way, it's going to be superior to my old Kevlar lined jeans and worn out Cortech mesh & leather.

I have no personal experience, I was just going by the WBW reviewer who noted that while all the water-resistant pockets are great to have, they do cut down on the air flow of the mesh suit. It's a trade-off, really.

I am one of the "can't afford a 'Stitch" folks too, so I'm still waiting to see how everyone likes theirs. I also need to hear from more women about the fit for a mure curvy figure.

I have no personal experience, I was just going by the WBW reviewer who noted that while all the water-resistant pockets are great to have, they do cut down on the air flow of the mesh suit. It's a trade-off, really.

I am one of the "can't afford a 'Stitch" folks too, so I'm still waiting to see how everyone likes theirs. I also need to hear from more women about the fit for a mure curvy figure.

Me three! I wonder if you can remove the waterproof pockets?

My Joe Rocket mesh jacket has the same issue, btw.

I haven't read any great detail about the suit(s), but I read something about a HUGE mysterious pocket on the back of one of the suits (I think it was the mesh suit), and now your mention made of the water-proof pockets.

I've been thinking (since reading about the big pocket on the back) that I won't hesitate to alter the suit myself. I've taken "Joe Rocket" patches off mesh jackets (a delicate operation), removed the pockets from my stick-proof vests that would otherwise hold a balistic plate, and I imagine the same can be done with unwanted pockets on the mesh suit. In fact, after reading about all the pockets these suits have, I was already thinking about removing some of them anyway, if they haven't already (these are suits made for for a guy who stands no more than five feet tall).
The key is to remove stuff before any fading starts to set in, gotta decide early in the game then act on it.

I have a set of Frog Togs for the rain. If I'm out in the summer rain for any length of time, I'm sure I can throw the Frog Togs over my suit for protection from the wetness.....

(This is kind of exciting, think I'll go to my email and trace the suits to see if they're still due to arrive Thursday. And it's mid 90's 'round here in Central California, might be a good time to see what I think of the summer mesh...!)

Well.... I got 'em today. I'm gonna come clean now (only here), as Ghazi offered to help me out with the sizing. He couldn't afford to make public the generosity he afforded me, but he took to the challenge of fitting a short fat white boy shaped like a bowling ball. He charged me for the custom tailoring, but come on.... only $350 for a custom made suit?! WOW!

This stuff is QUALITY STUFF!

For the price of ONE entry level Aerostich one piece suit (with no accessories), I got TWO suits.... full of lotsa CE approved armor, knee pucks, map pockets, pockets for change, for ear plugs, for 'stuff', etc. Reflective panels, pocket for a Camelback, sexy feeling microfiber around the neck & wrists, and water proof pockets for your valubles! I got a mesh suit for the summer, and a vented suit with a polar liner for the winter.

And my summer dark gray mesh suit is sooooo FINE looking! What a spledid color, it's really got CLASS! I got a black suit for the winter, sweeet! About the only thing I'll do that Teiz didn't, is have some velcro straps sewn to my suits' ankles so I can secure the pant legs around my boots.

$725 for two suits shipped, not bad..... this was an introductory offer, and he's got some other first run suits that he'll part with for cheap. I say, CHECK 'EM OUT!

If you could, would you post up some pictures of you with the suit on both on and off the bike? thanks.

I'll be happy to post some pictures..... but I gotta unhook this stupid Apple 'puter and get back on my PC, BOTH of which are over 9 years old. I can't for the life of me figure out how to copy/paste images from my Photobucket account with this Apple.

I'm going on a long day ride in the morning. When I get back, I'll try to switch computers and subscribe to Norton again.... at least until Windows 7 comes out and I buy a replacement computer.

I'll be happy to post some pictures..... but I gotta unhook this stupid Apple 'puter and get back on my PC, BOTH of which are over 9 years old. I can't for the life of me figure out how to copy/paste images from my Photobucket account with this Apple.

Did you mean these pictures that I copied from your Craigslist ad?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/1196523723.html

3n23m63l1ZZZZZZZZZ95u573b054b9afc120b.jpg

3k33p43l9ZZZZZZZZZ95u0758769fc6331e1e.jpg

So now I'm confused. You paid for the custom tailoring but you're still selling the suits and hoping that he will "work with you"? Enlighten me.

Last edited:
Ghazi of Teiz Motorsports has contacted me to get this straightened out. He really wants to learn from this, and establish customer satisfaction by working with folks. It is my very unusual short/large, and round 5' 2" bowling ball shape that is problematic.

In addition, I have surmised the following with regard to his fittings, and feel people oughta ask themselves the following before sizing their suits:

* Do you plan to wear just a thin layer of wick-able underwear beneath your mesh suit for extended rides in 90*+ temps? Or will you be wearing walking shorts and a pocket shirt under your mesh when you climb off the bike, step out of your mesh, and stay for lunch...?

* Are you going to use the vented suit as an OVER-SUIT with which to commute in your work clothes in temps from 40* to 70*? Or are you going to layer in a comfortable full length poly-blend under the provided polar liner as you attempt to complete that Iron Butt in temp's below 40*?

Form fitted suit to slip through the wind and go for the RIDE in max' comfort?
- or -
A utilitarian OVER-suit that provides armor and abrasion resistance as you commute to work in your street clothes?

I wore Lee Parks (90%) bamboo 'long johns' in 58* to the foothills under my mesh suit. As it neared 90*, I was still comfortable 300 miles later. I just custom ordered something a little larger in the vented version so I can wear my uniform under it for the ride to work.

Think of Teiz's ("translate to faster") suit as fitting like a leather one-piece, but in textile. Adjust your sizing accordingly.......

06-03-09Small.jpg

06-03-091Small.jpg

It would be great if he could build a relationship with someone like Cycle Gear so that they could stock "test" suits for people to try on.

Well, I got mine last night.

He has listed some "pre-production units" and after eyeballing the size chart, it looked like they would fit me! The red probably wouldn't be my first choice, but the price made it pretty appealing to swallow my pride and try.

Good news, it's pretty close to perfect. Maybe a little snug around the naughty bits, but that could have been putting it on over jeans and/or just new and my inexperience in putting that style suit. Once on, it wasn't bad, especially on bike. My, er, hydrodynamic profile may also play a part in that issue, so I don't really blame the suit. My kids were quite amused by my walking around the house in it, much more so than the wifey :-?

I didn't get to do a really detailed look, as I was reminded that company was on the way, but construction appeared to be quite adequate. At least up to Joe Rocket type levels. Since at one point I was buying dozens of sets of leathers at a time, I in theory know what to look for. I didn't see any obvious danger signs.

The mesh will be a "one-use" suit though. Just like a mesh jacket, it's designed to do it's job and then it's done.

I'll give it a more detailed look tonight, and report back.

Chirpy, which size did you order and what's your height / weight and the chin/crotch measurement?

I'm 6'1" / 230-240 and I ordered the 2XL. I think my chin/crotch was 32".

Back