• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Watch out for...Spyders

Reaction score
OK, not sure where this goes, and it may not appeal to the two wheeled world completely anyway? Sometimes called the "Y" factor, the Spyder, with two wheels forward, was an interesting event...

Ongoing near me, is part of the Can-Am tour's annual demo ride event (I went in Richardson). Just finished my ride (rides actually). It was an interesting experience, and I might even have one someday, but it was different enough that I'm keeping a two wheeler in any case. I started a quest for feedback over on another Site as well. There a number of people have tried Spyders, with very wide range in reaction. I have it on good authority, that if someone shows up unregistered tomorrow (at the Richardson site), they can register on site. I can check if there are other demo sites nearby, but others could search that as easily as I could. Any Spyder "ryders" out there?:rider:

I've been wanting to ride one of those
I don't care what anyone says, they look fun

Yep, same for me. It was a neat experience, and useful , no matter the resulting impression.

For me there were some neat features these machines have. I did leave feeling like it was more of a workout than a regular Bike, but I chalk part of that up to my disorientation. Some people have exposure to ATV's and "quads" type machines, or even golf carts. My experience was confined mostly to two wheelers. One has to accept that orientation to rate these honestly. Anyway, grab a chance, and some freebies they typically have as well.:clap:

We were in Richardson earlier and saw 4 on the access road heading south back to the dealer. While at the dealer my wife sat on one the Spyders and said she would enjoy riding one. She didn't have time for a test ride though and tomorrow were heading to Cresson so she can do a track day in her Miata.

I think those Spyders are worth checking out.

I've met some Miata people that have talked about their track days. That's neat too. Yeah my rides were in a 5 rider bunch, and a 6 rider bunch, with change of machine stops during each trip. One member of the demo team shared his 900 mile trip with me, and I shared a multi State trip as well. His trip was mostly rain, which would be better with a Spyder I think than the two wheels I have....but I think this guy would spend less drive time each day than I have on trips...unless there was pie out there somewhere?:eat:

I was ready to buy one till the wife and I took a test ride. My wife hated being on the back she said it felt like she was going to fly off everytime we took a turn.
It was an interesting experience, and I might even have one someday, but it was different enough that I'm keeping a two wheeler in any case.

I feel the same as you here. Now to get my wife on the front of one of these, that would be the best of both worlds keep my two wheels and have some room to move in the "solo" seat. :trust:

hey guys.. i have a spyder.. and i love it!!! it is like driving a quad.. i grew up in the country.. so its second nature for me.. it took me a little to get used to. but i love everything about it.. i have some pics posted in my profile of my baby!:rider:

hey guys.. i have a spyder.. and i love it!!! it is like driving a quad.. i grew up in the country.. so its second nature for me.. it took me a little to get used to. but i love everything about it.. i have some pics posted in my profile of my baby!:rider:

As close as we are, we should take that baby out on a trip to capture these FM signs?? Now that I know more about them, it's neat to know a real person that has one. :rider:

Awesome! May be riding tomorrow or the next day, unless our latest funeral is scheduled....but one day soon we should do that. Maybe Fuzzybunny will come from Wylie and ride too?:rider::eat:

I sat on one, and I think I'm just too tall to fit comfortably on them. If I was a tad smaller I think it'd be a pretty sweet ride!

Watch out for this one anyway...........
IMAGE_025.jpg

I got to ride a couple of them last year. They are pretty cool little machines I guess, but I won't likely be able to give up the two wheels anytime soon. The not leaning thing does kind of make things interesting. One thing about riding them, you can see the front wheels out of the corner of your eyes, it is strange to see the suspension absorbing the road as you go flying down the highway.

Bryan

As close as we are, we should take that baby out on a trip to capture these FM signs?? Now that I know more about them, it's neat to know a real person that has one. :rider:

hey two lane... are you going out anytime soon to get fm roads? :rider:

I'm NEEDING to do that really bad!! I've had many distractions recently, like loss of home Internet use, and family medical adventures, so I haven't checked in much. Some I planned to grab, were grabbed by others, so I do want to play soon. More family in the hospital this week, but I'll check with you about my plans soon, if you're into an FM ride??

yes i am in! just let me know!!! i grabbed one rode out near gruene texas.. but that is it so far..

If y'all don't mind another person tagging along, loet me know when y'all plan to ride. I'd like to go too.

I have seen these running around and living in snow and rain country this may be a great bad weather bike. The one question I have is how fast are they? I ride pretty fast some times (well within the law) and would not be happy if it couldn't at least keep my friends in sight. Top speed? Any real world opinions on performance?

I have seen these running around and living in snow and rain country this may be a great bad weather bike. The one question I have is how fast are they? I ride pretty fast some times (well within the law) and would not be happy if it couldn't at least keep my friends in sight. Top speed? Any real world opinions on performance?

spincycle-- i have reached MY top speed at 127 :eek2:

with another passanger on back 115-120 .. one of the guys at the dealership got one up to 134 with the stock tires.

i dont know about the snow, but in the rain its very stable.

you should keep up with your friends, plus get all the attention :trust:

stacie

of course it was on a straight highway coming from del rio.. the border patrol really had alot of questions for me about my bike.. so i had to catch up to the other bikes :trust:

Back