• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #3: Perspective

Reaction score
Use this thread for posting shots previously taken, or current shots asking questions, or just talking about the assignment. We'll open up a different post a few days before the contest assignment ends for you to post your actual submission entry. Your submission entry can be something new or one you posted here, but the picture HAS to be taken between now and Monday April 20th midnight. A winner will be chosen sometime after midnight Monday and announced at that time. The winner will then post the next two week assignment topic and so forth.

The challenge this round is, Perspective. I liked how Duke's reflection challenge would lend itself to so many interpretations. So, along those same lines, the new challenge, perspective, its also open to your own views and (ahem) perspective...

To me the first thing that came to mind when I though of this challenge is the joining of lines and elements on a focal point somewhere on the infinite...where the impossible can happen like parallel lines connecting while still being parallel. Also how perspective can make a subject matter more interesting than just having everything on the same plane. Of course, being there many meanings for the word "perspective" makes this a very open challenge.

col3.jpg

col12.jpg

persp.jpg

This one really "put things in perspective" for me...seeing the joy of a child for whom sitting on a motorcycle and cranking the throttle was good enough to forget about her illness...

memphis49.jpg

So lets go out and find me some perspective!!!! :sun:

Last edited by a moderator:
cool. I think this will be fun. I'm debating on taking my camera to Vegas next week.

I thought rotating this pic 90 degrees kinda made it look like the photog was floating in air to take the pic.

505286124_fZZay-L.jpg

cool. I think this will be fun. I'm debating on taking my camera to Vegas next week.

I thought rotating this pic 90 degrees kinda made it look like the photog was floating in air to take the pic.

505286124_fZZay-L.jpg

Cool shot! Between the 90 degree rotation and that it's in B&W it really makes it look like an abstract artwork.

This one may have worked better in #2

IMG_5902_800.jpg

So here's another:

IMG_5988_800.jpg

Perspective both in the view and the introspection...

198390475_GGoFq-M.jpg

Not the lines and angles of most, but it IS perspective - isn't it?

PA16-Fear_sm.jpg

Not the lines and angles of most, but it IS perspective - isn't it?

PA16-Fear_sm.jpg

Now that's cool. Scary, but cool. Unfortunately, several years ago I got that perspective in real life. It was a nice spring day, temp in the 70's and we were cycling (the pedal kind) in Memorial Park when some gang bangers in an old Camero started crowding us off the park road. I was leading and I stuck my hand out to signal we need more room, and the guy in the passenger seat pulled out a .45 and pointed it at my face. :eek2: I kept riding and just stared back at him, not really knowing what else to do. After a few seconds (seemed like several minutes) they just drove off. Place must have been too public to waste us.

Sorry for the highjack, just had a flashback. :shock:

This one implies a perspective and a story.
Lines aren't always straight or direct. Neither are points of view. Both are perspectives.

509196609_N9HyF-L.jpg

:eek2::giveup:

I know more than one forum that would be hammering away at you for a pic like that. lol :lol2:

A little background on the 'shot'.... The assignment was "Fear" so I came up with this idea to try and capture a round in the pipe showing lands/grooves and the copper jacket, in addition to having my eye lined up on the front/rear sights. I set the camera on a tripod and used the remote with a few second delay and must have taken 50 shots to get it for what you see above.

So...... no people were in harms way for the shooting of the picture. Only my camera. ;-)

Back