• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good eats in Llano

MGN54

Reaction score
I recall reading about some other places for good eats in Llano besides Coopers. Can someone make some recommendations or point me to the thread? I did a search but only found mention of Coopers so maybe I'm thinking of another town/location.

Thanks!

Mark

If you go south on 16 from 29 just south of the bridge on the left side of the road is an old house. It's a restaurant now that sells BBQ but I can't remember the name. IMHO the bbq was much better than Cooper's and it was definately a lot cheaper.

- Laird's is good beef and pork BBQ. It's in a little house on 16, south of the bridge. They have kind of strange hours though - can't rightly remember off the top of my head what they are.

- Inmann's has great turkey BBQ and ribs. It is almost across 29 from Coopers and has way better BBQ sauce and side dishes than Coopers and isn't as greasy.

- the Llanaoux (sp?) that is right by the river park on the NW side of the highway 16 bridge, just a little bit behind the strip of knick-knack shops. Awesome cajun food, I believe run by a chef from Houston that retired to Llano.

- The ?, I can't remember the name but it's a little gourmet american food place on the north side of the town square, close to the movie theater. They do some killer food - I used to play guitar there on thursday nights the summer I worked there, and even on nights when the tips were crap it was still worth it for the food.

At some point in the summer they generally have a giant, town-wide crawfish boil - I haven't had the chance to attend, so I don't remember exactly when it is.

If you're ever planning a run to/through Llano give me a holler and I can recommend places to raid since my parents live just outside of town. I could probably also find several places that are worthy of PIE runs in Llano - there are some good bakeries there.

Back