• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle tire changer

Reaction score
I found a cool motorcycle tire changer out at Harbor Freight Tools. Total cost is about 120.00. I bought one and used it today to change both tires on my 1200 Bandit. It is cool, has a built in bead breaker also. If interested, find their site and search for "motorcyle tire changer".

Bill

I know someone who has one of these on his wish list..... and it falls in my budget......THANKS!!!! :wave:

Hope he doesn't read this.... :pray:

He loves it when things magically appear in his cave,,,lol :mrgreen:

if you watch they'll go on sale a few times a year. I think I paid right at or just under $100 for the set up.
a mojolever is next on my list. if you're not careful the bar that comes with it will scratch the rims up

You would want to probably have some regular tire changing levers. The bar that comes with is good, but I am still trying to master it. You always run the risk of scratching the rims, which I have already done. Mine were black, so I will just touch them up with some touch-up paint.

Bill

I found a cool motorcycle tire changer out at Harbor Freight Tools. Total cost is about 120.00. I bought one and used it today to change both tires on my 1200 Bandit. It is cool, has a built in bead breaker also. If interested, find their site and search for "motorcyle tire changer".

Bill

Did you have any problems with it scratching your rims?

I paid as much for a mojolever bar as I did the whole HF tire changer but it works good, never mastered the bar that came with it or actually tried. Lot of people like the Nomar bar also.

DFW Warrior (a member on this board) has the Harbor Freight changer. And, with one simple, inexpensive mod, he has the perfect setup. He put some rim savers on the HF bar and it doesn't scratch the rims. Do a search or send him a PM. I have seen the changer in action along with his simple mod of the bar. I will be buying one very soon. That plus a tire balancer and I'll be in business.

I had to modify the rim holders to accept my BMW tubeless rims. Sold the holders to the same guy I sold my last BMW too. Lately I've just been using tire irons. After so many tires changes over the years I'm just as comfortable using my tire irons. Course I'm down to 2 bikes now so don't have all that much tire changing. Maybe a dozen sets a year with friends bikes also.

Back