• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Summer Pants -- Joe Rocket or Fieldsheer?

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
I've been mulling which pants to buy for summer riding.

If I go with a match for my JR CBR jacket, I buy the JR Phoenix 2 pants. ($116.99 with free shipping but Texas sales tax).

http://www.newenough.com/pricing/private/830

However, Motorycycle has blowout pricing on Fieldsheer and the Four Season Mesh pants are marked down to $99.99 (and free shipping). The zipper to connect the jacket probably won't fit, but I can switch out the jacket half or the pants half (whichever is easier).

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/137/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Four-Season-Mesh-Pants.aspx

Anybody have any experience with either pants?

What say you?

Lee

Not with pants specifically but after having a JR and Fieldsheer jackets I would lean to Fieldsheer

I note that the discount factor on the Fieldsheer pants is signficantly greater as the list price is higher. That leads me to beleive that the quality is better.

I am going to order something tonight! (Before my wife and kids spend my paycheck).

I have the Fieldsheer Four Season mesh pants and I love them. They are great for the hot summer, I just wear shorts or less under them. In the winter I've worn them in <30* and been a bit chilly so I'm getting a base layer that will add more protection from the cold.

I'm thinking of ordering another pair, at that price why not. I leaned on my pipe and melted a little of the knee.

Thanks for posting the link!

Looks like Motorcycle Superstore is getting more of my money tonight. Fieldsheer it is.

Sizing? I'm leaning towards getting once size up from my jeans size (especially as I am a bit on the heavy side of a 34 waist right now).

I ordered mine a size larger than standard thinking I could use them as overpants that way. There is plenty of room if you get them big. If you use them as overpants without the insulated liner, I don't think you'd need to get them a size bigger. They seem to be sized bigger already to accommodate the liner.

btw, I don't think the quality of the FS is clearly better than JR. I have been very happy with my JR gear. I found some features and construction elements of the FS that appear like they cut corners. But I didn't expect a Cadillac for the price of a Chevy.

Overall, nice pants. I'm happy with them.

I went ahead and got a 36 because I figure I can always girt them tighter easiser than I could let them out of they were too small. :doh:

I don't expect them to be, say, Aerostich or RevIt quality, but for less than $100.00, I think they are a good deal. And I ordered a new Zan Cool Max skull cap, too. I figured, what the heck, no tax and free shipping paid for the extra item. :trust:

Lee

I ordered mine a size larger than standard thinking I could use them as overpants that way. There is plenty of room if you get them big. If you use them as overpants without the insulated liner, I don't think you'd need to get them a size bigger. They seem to be sized bigger already to accommodate the liner.

btw, I don't think the quality of the FS is clearly better than JR. I have been very happy with my JR gear. I found some features and construction elements of the FS that appear like they cut corners. But I didn't expect a Cadillac for the price of a Chevy.

Overall, nice pants. I'm happy with them.

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

The pants got here today and they are too small. :doh:

And the next size up is sold out in black (but not in silver).

Double darn drat!

Anybody want a pair of Black, Four Season Mesh Pants for $99.99?

Lee

I went ahead and got a 36 because I figure I can always girt them tighter easiser than I could let them out of they were too small. :doh:

I don't expect them to be, say, Aerostich or RevIt quality, but for less than $100.00, I think they are a good deal. And I ordered a new Zan Cool Max skull cap, too. I figured, what the heck, no tax and free shipping paid for the extra item. :trust:

Lee

I got J the exact same pair in 38 and they fit great over his jeans. A touch snug with the weather liner but not uncomfortably so. Without the liner, they're great and he can remove the riding pants once he gets stopped for a few hours. Like a pie run... :trust:

It was a surprise and at that price, I couldn't pass it up. :sun:

I got J the exact same pair in 38 and they fit great over his jeans. A touch snug with the weather liner but not uncomfortably so. Without the liner, they're great and he can remove the riding pants once he gets stopped for a few hours. Like a pie run... :trust:

It was a surprise and at that price, I couldn't pass it up. :sun:

I should have gone with the 38. I'm going to send them back and get something else. I liked them over all (except for the size) but I did not care for the velcro at the boots.

What I wish I could get is an exact duplicate of my First Gear pants in mesh (that didn't cost $180). :doh:

Anybody have any experience with First Gear's HT Air 2.0 mesh overpants?

Lee

My Fieldsheer Titanium mesh pants are now 4yrs old. They're well made and have great armor. The ONLY reason I'm replacing them is that they are black (HOT). I would definitely go with silver.

PS: I love the Stealth suit! :rider:

Back