• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arashi Galaxy, cheap

Reaction score
Is there any bad review on this low-budget helmet? I looked but haven't seen any. I got it new for $50. I am surprised by more than just the low price. At least compared to my KBC, the Galaxy is very light. I rode for two hours with the Galaxy, and my neck didn't hurt like it used to with my KBC. The Galaxy also provides better visibility. Eventhough the KBC cost three times as much, the KBC is only slightly better. The visor on the KBC is much smoother to operate. The Galaxy has some air leakage and not as much soft padding. The Galaxy was the only full-face non-Snell helmet in the store. All the Snell helmets were brick heavy like my KBC. I guess if you're big and strong, you won't mind the extra burden. But for us smaller guys and gals, the weight can be the difference between fun and misery. Well, I bought the Galaxy because I wanted a cheap backup helmet. Now, I like it so much that my KBC is gathering dust. The funny thing is that the salesman tried to dissuade me from buying this helmet and instead get me to buy one of those high-dollar helmet by taking 50 bucks off of it. No thanks, I said. For the price of one of those, I can still buy six Galaxies. Haha. Well, if I ever want to go 100 MPH and lose my fear of going to jail, I would put my KBC back on.

I don't know anything about that helmet but don't let a snell certificate make your decision. An article I read in Motorcyclist last year they proved with tests that dot was safer than snell an din fact snell conceded and were rewriting there the requirements and would make the changes within a couple of years. I have a scorpion exo700 it is both dot and snell. Go figure. What store did you buy it?

The visor on my Galaxy shows the following:
"MEET VESC-8
NOT WARRANTED SHATTERPROOF."

Not shatterproof?! Is this why it was so low price?

Back