• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thermal Barrier Coating on headers?

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
I'm interested in having the headers on the Connie coated with a thermal barrier. Several of the COG members have done this and reported good reductions in surface/radiated termperatures and if you've ever ridden a Concours in stop-n-go traffic you can appreciate my desire for this.

I'd prefer to give my business to a Texas company and have requested some info from a Dallas firm, but am open to anyone's suggestions for others to look at.

T give me a call I have a customer in Borne that does that for a living he has my ZRX pipe right now

http://www.cradin.com/

This is a customer of mine he has my pipes right now quality is above the competition he is currently doing exhausts for NHRA and Aerospace applications as well as motorcycle and automotive. Call and ask for Craig tell him Buddy sent you :-)

WOW, I like that cradin stuff. I will have to look them up when I'm ready to coat the headers on my Plymouth. That tattoo really looks good, I can see my headers already with "Caution Hot" printed across them. Blacked out exhaust on the bike would be fun too. :twisted:

The tatoo really lasts as well he has one customer with a tatooed pipe that is a daily rider about 70 mile round trip for over a year and the pipe still looks like new.

Back