• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking 4 repair manuel for Gs1100/L 84 suzuki

Scott, Collin County is north of Dallas. Main city is Plano where a bunch of TWTers reside.

Was over there just last night. :-D

Oops - welcome there momma. We got 2 of dem also, but they both be boys... What flavor are your 2?

:chug:

Cruise over *here* to find lots of friendly folks that will help you sort out your wiring. BTW, what is the problem with your GS?

BTW TWO GIRLS UNDER 5

I BOUGHT THE BIKE AND WIRE COMING FROM THE ELECTRONIC IGNITION ARE CUT AND TO KNOW WHERE TO RECONNECT THEM )MOMMAS HUBBY( RICK

Black to ground, red to battery, and the other three connect to the Stator leads that come from under the starter cover. The stator wires are usually whitish grey with a blue or red stripe on them. It does not matter which order you connect these wires as they are all the same(about 70 volts AC).

http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm

read through this for a better understanding of the charging system. Also make sure you clean every electrical connection real good before putting it back together....

Good luck.

[/crack pipe]

OK, I read electronic ignition and heard regulator/rectifier. :scratch

The real deal is this...

Green wire and blue wire attach to the signal generator that is located under the cover on the right hand side of the engine. (you don't need a gasket or anything for this cover). The white wire connects to the coil that fires cylinders 1 and 4. The black/yellow wire goes to the coil for 2 and 3. Orange/white goes to both coils (+12volt) and Black/white is ground.

If you get all this wired up and the bike still doesn't fire, try reversing the white and black/yellow wires.

And now back to my crack pipe.... :chug:

Back