• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW Rockster info

Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Last Name
Reader
:rider:So, I've recently become enamored with the BMW Rockster, R1150R. My main concern is the seat height--I'm not exactly tall at 5'3". I know it came with two seat options, with the lower option being about 30.5" seat height.

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with this bike, or the basic R1150R, and if you know of any way to get the seat a little lower....I know there is always the custom seat route, but wondered if there were other mods that could be made as well.

And, if you know if anyone has one they are ready to part with?:deal:

I'm 5'3 1/2"....I ride an F800ST.....got the 770mm seat & did the lowering spring thing on the back. I'm still on my tippy-toes! Other than changing those two things....I have no idea! But Lonerider works for Gulf Coast BMW & may have a few other tricks!
Good luck!:rider:

Thanks girl! I shoulda asked you first, since I think we are close to the same height.:argh: I figure I'll be on my toes too!

Okay, thanks Scott. I've got a line on one in Dallas possibly, would be nice to have a choice!

I have a Rockster with the low seat. I am 5'9" and I can get most of my feet down, heals are slightly up. I have read that if you put a rear shock/spring from a regular r1150r it will drop the rear down about 1 inch. Here is a good source of info. http://www.r1150r.net/

Oh yeah, mine might be for sale too. I am currently test riding my fathers F800st that he is thinking about selling.

Back