• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sizing Help FirstGear

Reaction score
First Name
Patric
Last Name
Guthrie
I used to have a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 in a medium that fit great. I am looking at a FirstGear Mesh-Tex or Rush jacket now, but the sizing charts says I need a large. Both sizing charts are very close as far as measurements and size. Anybody have any experience with fit in comparing Joe Rocket jackets to FirstGear jackets? Does one tend to run smaller or larger than the other? Thanks.....

Last edited:
Re: Sizing Help FirstGear vs Joe Rocket

One view, arrgh!! On sale, want to order now. Need patience.

Let's try this. Do you own a FirstGear jacket? If so (if you don't mind me asking), what size jacket do you wear and what are your height and weight. I am 5'9" and 180lbs. (I am currently trying to lose weight and doing so at the rate of about 3 lbs per week, so if it is a little tight, that would be good). So, anyone about 5'9" and between 165 and 180 lbs wearing a FirstGear jacket? Thanks.

Re: Sizing Help FirstGear vs Joe Rocket

One view, arrgh!! On sale, want to order now. Need patience.

Let's try this. Do you own a FirstGear jacket? If so (if you don't mind me asking), what size jacket do you wear and what are your height and weight. I am 5'9" and 180lbs. (I am currently trying to lose weight and doing so at the rate of about 3 lbs per week, so if it is a little tight, that would be good). So, anyone about 5'9" and between 165 and 180 lbs wearing a FirstGear jacket? Thanks.

It may also depend on the jacket. My First Gear jacket is a 3/4 style and seems much roomier than my Phoenix 4 ever did, or than my CBX jacket does now. The Phoenix 5 I bought, on the other hand, was tighter than the 4 and didn't fit in the armpits. I'm not sure there is any way to find out without trying on the jacket you want, which kind of defeats the whole "buying over the Internet" thing, don't it?

Heck, if this is the NewEnough sale, I'd order the large and send it back if it doesn't fit.

Lee
(Who ordered his Phoenix 2 pants from another vendor RIGHT BEFORE the First Gear sale started) :doh:

Yeah, it is the New Enough sale. May order both and send back the one that does not fit. What do you think?

Now that I think about it, that is probably what you meant. :doh:

Both sizes ordered. Went with the FirstGear Rush jacket in Black and Blue. So, if anyone may need a Large or Medium (whichever one I end up not fitting in) and wants to save shipping, keep looking at this thread or the classifieds. If I can save myself the return shipping, I will.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me, if you have the cash. Your cost to send it back will be, what? $10.00 max? And the sales savings were MUCH greater than that.

Lee

Yeah, it is the New Enough sale. May order both and send back the one that does not fit. What do you think?

Now that I think about it, that is probably what you meant. :doh:

Both sizes ordered. Went with the FirstGear Rush jacket in Black and Blue. So, if anyone may need a Large or Medium (whichever one I end up not fitting in) and wants to save shipping, keep looking at this thread or the classifieds. If I can save myself the return shipping, I will.

I've heard that FirstGear runs a bit small so my JR XL jackets mean to me FG XXL. and the Newenough sale.........:giveup:

Every jacket/coat I own is an XL. My Firstgear Kilimanjaro and leather jacket are XL and fit great.

Back