• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone have a red powdercoat match?

Reaction score
So I just bought a powder coat gun, oven, and built a spray booth. The gun and powders will be here next weekend so i can start playing. Has anyone gotten stuff done and knows of a manufacturer and color match to the 07 red? I don't have anything specific in mind for the bike right now but I want to have the info in my hip pocket.

Because I just spent the money on powdercoat equipment...

I'm wanting to avoid the ghetto rattle can look and have something corrosion and chip resistant. I've had the shades of colorrite paint be off a good bit on another bike I tried to touch up so I'm less than impressed with their company and what they charge for it. For the ridiculous cost of one rattle can I can buy 2 pounds of powder that would do everything metal on the bike. I'd have less orange peel and a much smoother finish with less physical labor in buffing and polishing. Powdercoating is a whole lot tougher and more durable than regular paint. Wouldn't you like a bike that would never get stone chips? I know I would.

I'm doing this as a hobby and may do some odd jobs eventually for friends and neighbors after I get the hang of it. I bought it more for my blacked out bike as no one makes custom black parts. If I manage to color match this bike and my car then why not, but I won't loose any sleep over it if I don't.

I think it sounds cool. You could also get into refinishing vintage lamps, etc. (My wife is an interior designer and some of that crafty work is expensive.)

Be sure to post pics. We love all things creative.

Thats true although I haven't considered it too much. There are some awesome textures out there though, the pic below is a copper vein. The silver vein with candy topcoats blow me away, might try it when I get some experience. Its definitely a very versatile product.

IMG_4559.jpg

silver vein and a transparent blue
file.php

Back