• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jardine 2:1

Reaction score
What do you guys think? A guy on another forum is selling reaaally cheap!

Jardine 2:1

M50-Jardine.jpg

Stock:

DSC00474.jpg

I like it! Looks better than the staggered duals, IMHO. I had a black Jardine 2-1 on my old Virago 920 and it sounded great.

My only concern is that it may be too loud...if shipping is reasonable I'll buy them. I could always resell them and go back to stock.

Good lookin pipe.:thumb: Just make sure you get lots of insurance on them. Pipes are hard to ship without getting damaged:argh: I had a set shipped in the guy I purchased from did a great job padding and packing and UPS still managed to bend a head pipe:doh: I was using them for a mod any way so it didn't bother me, but the boxes looked like they had played forklift hockey with them.:brainsnap

Stock looks better plus you don't run the risk of being ticketed if the new pipes are loud.

I'm not saying I agree but more and more towns are cracking down and if you travel a lot you could find your self with a hefty fine for just passing through.

Something else to consider if that pipe doesn't work out for you is modding your own. I like the looks of most of the Boulevard stock pipes but for some reason Suzuki felt like they needed to make them longer than the rest of the bike:argh: These pipes are easy enough to shorten if you like the looks of them. Here is a before and after shot on a 109. disregaurd the covers being off I'm doing something unrelated there.
0be2a116.jpg

d4996231.jpg

I agree, thats my only problem with those stock pipes. The top one hangs out way too far. Xoze did a good job modding his baffles and the stockers sound great. That long top pipe, I just cant get use to.

Nice work...I actually do like the look of the stock pipes & shorter does definitely look better. I think I might save the $$ now (being recently laid off) and shorten them myself.

Nice work...I actually do like the look of the stock pipes & shorter does definitely look better. I think I might save the $$ now (being recently laid off) and shorten them myself.

Most everything can be done with comon hand tools except the welding, but if you dont have a welder any muffler shop should be able to help you out. Just do all the cutting and fitting then cary it to them and let them weld it. I wouldn't think they would charge much.

Feel free to PM me if I can help answer any questions.

JMHO but I think the only one that needs to be shortened is the top one. If you were to bring that top one in so that the angles were in line that would look sweet. JMO

Back