• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Willow City Loop

Blind Yak

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
S
Still raining out side today in Austin, so here is another vicarious ride.
This is an old video from one of those perfect winter days where the temp is warm (70s), no humidity, and the air is so fresh and dry.
The popularity of the Willow City loop has grown over the lst 30 years, but sometimes you can catch it at a the perfect time have the whole place to yourself.

The Goldwing is not so fond of the cattle guards and low water crossings.
This video may not be good for the resale value of my bike.:lol:

No peg scraping or redlining the engine, just a little spirited ride in the Hill Country.
I love the sound of the GL1800 motor, so I decided not to cover this one up with music.

The bike is an GL1800. Digital camera (Old D250 I think) on a handlebar mounted RAM mount.
The video is trimmed short for some reason, I don't know why yet.
I am new to photobucket.

th_Willow_0002.jpg

Sorry, but I gotta say that wasn't the smartest idea! Had someone been coming from the other direction, it could've been disastrous. Plus, there is loose livestock along the route, colliding with a cow in the middle of nowhere could also be a very bad experience.

There are better roads in the Hill Country for "spirited" riding, the single-lane of Willow City Loop should be the last place anyone should ride like this!

I have been there and I was under the impression that that is a slow zone any time of the year.

The property owners already have a problem with loud, obnoxious motorcycles of all types riding through there discarding beer cans. I lost count of all the beer cans and some soda cans the last time I was there.

To ride that fast through there is not a very good idea...even though I enjoyed the video. :shrug:

Back