• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Catfish Junction - Broaddus, TX - Lake Sam Rayburn

Reaction score
If you're riding in east Texas near lake Sam Rayburn, you must visit:

COY BUCHANAN'S CATFISH JUNCTION
HWY 147 S
BROADDUS, TX 75929
(936) 872-3008

This is perhaps the best catfish restaurant on the planet. Their all-you-can-eat buffet serves catfish, ribs, sausage, fried chicken, and all the fixings including cole slaw, potato salad and even "nanner puddin".

Get this... All-you-can-eat for just $6.99 per person!

At that price you'd expect to be served the standard, industrial grade food service slop like they offer at feeding troughs such as Western Sizzlin and Golden Corral. Not so! All the food at Catfish Junction is home made, not pulled out of a frozen box or dispensed from a gallon can.

Simply put... This Is Good Stuff.

Catfish Junction is located Broaddus which is on Hwy 147 near lake Sam Rayburn. Broaddus is so small, you only need ride through it and you will see the restaurant.

Click here for a Yahoo Map.

NOTE: Catfish Juntion is only open on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and (I think) Sundays. Call the check about Sundays.

This is an unpretentious "lake" restaurant. Nothing fancy. Just darn good food. Expect to see the clientel sitting around in shorts and flip-flops "getting their money's worth". You can too!

-----------------------------------

Directly across the road is the "East Texas Jamboree", a home-spun, family oriented music singing hall they promote as “Branson in Broaddus” They offer variety music shows in the Missouri style featuring comedy, country, and gospel. The theater is open year round every Friday and Saturday night with Friday’s show being a different show than Saturday’s. Show times begin at 8:00 pm.

Performers are drawn from Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The theater seats 480 people. The East Texas Jamboree and Catfish Junction are both owned by Coy Buchanan and offer special group rates to 10 or more people of a meal and show for $15 per person.

If you get a kick out of watching hillbillies revel in hillbilly music, you'll find this place to be a hoot.

See: www.eastexasjamboree.com

Howdy,

:tab We passed by this on the way home this weekend. It is always packed. Also up the road is Shirley's Again. They are about 1/4-1/2 mile North of this place on the right. The food is awesome. The big drawback is that all the employees smoke and they sit at a table right next to the door when they are slow. As soon as you walk in, you are inundated with smoke. They actually have a separate room for nonsmokers, but it still smells like smoke. A real shame too because I'd love to go back for one of their burgers but I'm allergic to the smoke and cannot take it. They are not open on Sundays. Cash only.

These days fewer people smoke. I'm always puzzled why places like "Shirley's Again" allow the employees to smoke in the restaurant. That turns people off, even smokers.

The new hours for Coy Buchanan's Catfish Junction are:

* Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday

* 11:00am to 9:00pm

I guess I'm spoiled. Austin has had smoking restrictions in place for years. I'm always kind of taken by surprise when I travel and walk in to find smokey air and ashtrays on the tables. Recently they even extended it into the bars and clubs. Despite all the complaining by the smokers, no businesses closed and now no one even seems to care.

Sounds like a great place. I do a bunch of fishing down there so I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Back