• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle tires in Canada

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is aimed at my fellow Canadians riders: where do you get your tires from?

I had to put new tires on my Z750 last year, and got quotes from 4 local retailers. I really felt like I was being ripped off big time. I ended up buying my tires from Dennis Kirk.

Shipped to my workplace, with customs and exchange rate considered, I saved over $100.00 on the set.

I admit, last year was an exceptional time for us Canadians to buy in the US, with the exchange rate on par.

The stock tires on my Bandit are melting fast and I'm looking for options. I'll be buying Continentals, Dunlops or Bridgestones. This is just for information, I don't want to start another tire debate! I know which tires I want from each brand and I'll take the best deal I get on them.

Thanks!

I'm in the U.S. but I just purchased 2 rears and 1 front from Dennis Kirk. I was buying Avons and Dennis Kirk beat everyone else I could find on the net, and they smoked my local dealers!

I'm in the U.S. but I just purchased 2 rears and 1 front from Dennis Kirk. I was buying Avons and Dennis Kirk beat everyone else I could find on the net, and they smoked my local dealers!

I bet! Even today, I was doing comparisons and everyone online is way off compared to Dennis kirk. I'm talking 20 to 50% more!

Even with exchange rate and customs, I've a feeling it's still gonna be less expensive buying from them again.

I bet! Even today, I was doing comparisons and everyone online is way off compared to Dennis kirk. I'm talking 20 to 50% more!

Even with exchange rate and customs, I've a feeling it's still gonna be less expensive buying from them again.

Please post a link to him ;-)

Pete's Superbike (located in the Montreal area - VERY reasonable shipping charges):
http://www.petes-superbike.com/en/magasin/

Definitely cheaper than anything I found around the Toronto area.

Wow! They've got some very good prices! Thanks a lot for the link!

This guy has got to get his hits on search engines moved up... I've never heard of him in all the searches I've done.

I started buying from Bike Bandit a year ago. Best prices, fast shipping , AMA discount put them the cheapest for me.

Wow! They've got some very good prices! Thanks a lot for the link!

This guy has got to get his hits on search engines moved up... I've never heard of him in all the searches I've done.

You're welcome!
I think that the reason his prices are so good is because he hasn't been fully 'discovered' yet and he's trying to be very competitive. There's always the possibility that once he becomes more popular he'll start charging more...

If everything goes well on my first purchase, I'll make sure to tell as many people as I can about him!

If everything goes well on my first purchase, I'll make sure to tell as many people as I can about him!

I'm sure you won't have any problems.
I have ordered tires from Pete and also know a few other people that have, and nobody's ever had any problems. He's a stand-up guy.

You're welcome!
I think that the reason his prices are so good is because he hasn't been fully 'discovered' yet and he's trying to be very competitive. There's always the possibility that once he becomes more popular he'll start charging more...

Reading the thread on the other forum, I'd say he seems to have be "discovered" by other dealers!

Reading the thread on the other forum, I'd say he seems to have been "discovered" by other dealers!

It was bound to happen... y'know how Canadian re-sellers love their profits and won't let anyone stand in their way!!

The good news is that the Can. dollar is slowly climbing - I believe it is now at about $.91US; that will make it easier to order from stateside and still get a great price - even with shipping charges.
I bought my Yosh pipe and Givi screen last year when our dollar was high, and even with shipping and exchange, I got a much better deal than I would have gotten in Canada.

I bought my Yosh pipe and Givi screen last year when our dollar was high, and even with shipping and exchange, I got a much better deal than I would have gotten in Canada.

I believe it! As I said, I saved close to $100.00 on a set of tires last summer and I've ordered tons of other stuff from the US last year. Riding gloves, riding boots, GPS, saddlebags, tail bag, tank bag, etc.

And even when the exchange isn't too great, I still crunch all the numbers.

My Shoei RF-1000. $600.00 from Canadian retailers (or $595.00 on sale, whooppie!!!). Got it for US$329.00 online. Came out to about CA$430.00 with exchange, shipping and customs. Unfortunately, that online store is closed now... Oops!

However, crunch as I may, Pete's is hard to beat... I just can't wait to go to there and tell them they're my new best friend!

Back