PDA

View Full Version : Here ya go Goldwing Fans...

Desert Skies
05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
American-made luxury liners go head-to-head (http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-luxury-touring-shootout-87761.html)

Although this won't be the case for 2011 models. :roll:

DaveC
05-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I prefer the Vision.
I am no professional rider but I like this bike.
http://thekneeslider.com/images/victoryvisionstreet.jpg

BexarWolf
05-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I prefer the Vision.
I am no professional rider but I like this bike.
http://thekneeslider.com/images/victoryvisionstreet.jpg

I've seen one of the Visions face-to-headlight. From the angle in the picture, they look really REALLY nice. From the back.............I'm not quite as impressed. With that said, they have enough lights on the back of those things to make you think George Jetson is riding in front of you but the styling is just a little odd for my taste. But I'm sure there are other mainstream bikes on the roads today that were "odd" when they came out that are now the norm. :zen:

Popular Mechanics did a ride on one and the rider only had two complaints:

1) It was REALLY hot on his legs (summer time article)

2) His pillion kept bumping the back of his helmet when she'd nod off to sleep. :lol2:

Wes
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Maybe it's because of the Connie but I'm starting to think a Goldwing doesn't look as big as it used... Maybe someday, but I'm still in my 30s. Way to young for a wang.

Desert Skies
05-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Funny thang bout the wang, it seems to lose about 400lbs once it starts roll'n.

But then, my opinion may be a little biased. :mrgreen:

Wes
05-27-2009, 04:36 PM
They just look more and more appealing each year. Man I'm getting old.

I couldn't do the vision due to the looks and the storage capacity. The Harley is out due to the price tag and I just don't want to have to join the harley club. So the wang is the only choice. Plus who knew they could wheelie. Maybe getting old isn't so bad. :lol2:

Desert Skies
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Yep, mind usually breaks loose and bawls the tire when I get into it.

Had it hook up once on a hard launch and loft the front. Sure surprised me and the kid I was along beside.:eek2:

Sure was cool though.:trust:

tomf16
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I personally like my wing, but if you like the look of the Harley and don't want to join that club there's always the Yamaha Venture. It is more cruiser styled, and it's not bad looking. It can't hold a candle to the wing in performance/comfort/technology though. There's one thing the wing should have, a power adjustable windscreen, there's no excuse for it not having one.

kurt
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
I could live with the manual windscreen if the seat height and/or bars were adjustable. After the price hike by Honda this year, a base Goldwing costs $3100 more than an Electra Glide Classic.

OldGringo
05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Okay, here's my new ride. Rode most every "Tour" style bike before buying earlier in the month and had it down to the Rocket III bagger and the Vision. While the hard bags on the Triumph were cavernous, the available trunk looked like an aftermarket setup IMO. When push came to shove I had to go with the Victory as my '01 C model Vic will have the 50K service in the near future and to date has only cost me the price of a voltage regulator other than the normal consumables.
At my 6'-2" 230# frame, the Vision also 'fit' me better than the wing or ultra.
(warp drive Mr. Sulu!)

dukey33
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I personally like my wing, but if you like the look of the Harley and don't want to join that club there's always the Yamaha Venture. It is more cruiser styled, and it's not bad looking.

Don't forget the new Vulcan 1700 Voyager. Gorgeous rendition of a luxury touring cruiser.

I've noticed most pics of the 'wing lofting the front tire usually has a passenger aboard to shift the cg rearward and provide more weight over the tire from traction. Not all, but most.

Wes
05-29-2009, 12:37 PM
My dad has been drooling over the voyager for months. But nobody has one in stock.

DaveC
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Okay, here's my new ride. Rode most every "Tour" style bike before buying earlier in the month and had it down to the Rocket III bagger and the Vision. While the hard bags on the Triumph were cavernous, the available trunk looked like an aftermarket setup IMO. When push came to shove I had to go with the Victory as my '01 C model Vic will have the 50K service in the near future and to date has only cost me the price of a voltage regulator other than the normal consumables.
At my 6'-2" 230# frame, the Vision also 'fit' me better than the wing or ultra.
(warp drive Mr. Sulu!)
I see a wing on the trunk. I like that color also. Have you seen the side wings for air diversion. The demo model had a set, worked real well to get some air behind the fairing.
The thing about the Vision is you can move your feet from "standard" to full "stretched out" cruising mode. The floor boards are long and roomy. It is the entry price that prevents me from joining that club.
I am going to have to wait until a time when I can get a good used version.
To many bikes, to little money!:giveup:

h2000fb
07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
American-made luxury liners go head-to-head (http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-luxury-touring-shootout-87761.html)

Although this won't be the case for 2011 models. :roll:

Man, look at all them buttons on that Wing! I would have a wreck just tinkering all the time. I have enough trouble with the limited accessories on my RT!

Nice Wing...

Think it was unfair to price compare against a CVO Harley. The stock Ultra would have been a more realistic comparison. Yes, less power, but still respectable, most of the same features, but still not as refined as Wing. But, is it supposed to be?

Had an Ultra - nice. But if I get another luxury tourer, could just be a Wing.

Valker
07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I rode one (Vision) and it was nice, just not big enough bags for my taste.http://www.twtex.com/photopost/data/500/bozo.jpg
http://www.twtex.com/photopost/data/500/Vision.jpg:giveup: