• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MSR Racing boots(???)

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a street bike rider, and somebody on the local CL is selling some MSR boots for $75.... "worn only once". It's hard to fit my size 6 1/2 wide foot, and she claims that they fit her nephew with the same size foot.

After looking online, I've discovered that these are boots designed more for the dirt-bike rather than a rider of the street. Can anybody tell me why a dirt-bike boot may be a bad idea for street riding???? And/or even if an MSR boot is a good purchase for $75.00?

Thanks in advance.

Dirt bike boots are very stiff, and have thick soles. On a street bike the fit of a dirt boot on the shifter is too close. The stiffness and lack of flex in the sole also takes away any feedback or feel from the brake.

I would advise trying some on at a cycle shop before deciding. MSR dirt boots are considered entry level gear. New price is typically less than $100.00. Used at $75.00 seems high to me.

Thank you Ed,

They sound like something I may want to avoid, and certainly not a "deal"....

I really appreciate your feedback.

Back