• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Xhaust Config on the Triple

Tumper

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Bailey
I had been looking around at "GP Style" slip-on's for the Triple and there really just aren't any since my bike is appearantly old news...LOL So, I started looking at the mid pipe that came with the D&D can and determined that the chop saw and a little measuring could get me closer to the Style I was looking for and for a whole lot less dough!! So I removed the pipe and can and started measuring and cutting. Everything went back together like a champ, I think it might have improved the sound as well. It's deeper now and not really any louder which I am very pleased about, it has also eliminated some popping I would get under hard deceleration (Down shifting)...

Whadaya think?
Before:
Pics 034.jpg

After:
Triple New Pipe Config.jpg
Triple New Pipe Config2.jpg

I think it looks better short. And a deeper sound IMHO is always better. Plus you saved some coin by doing it yourself:thumb: So I would say you scored a 3 out of a possible three.:hail:

I think it looks better short. And a deeper sound IMHO is always better. Plus you saved some coin by doing it yourself:thumb: So I would say you scored a 3 out of a possible three.:hail:

Thanks, I have never really been a big fan of the long midpipe, I just never had the time to really look closely at it to see what it would take to modify it. The fact that my neighbor has a chopsaw didn't hurt....LOL

Back