• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Full moon and it ain't mine

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Friends asked us out to Cedar Creek Lake House for their 1st annual Full Moon Party. Besides Having a great time, I was able to snap this:

018.jpg
[/IMG]

Not bad considering I didn't have a tripod or cable release. 40D at 400 ISO 28mm, 4/10ths of a sec., F8 Tokina 28-200 2.8 lens racked out to 200mm.

Another one, we don't get good couple pics and I like this one.

024.jpg
[/IMG]

I have tried to shoot the moon a couple of times without a tripod, it always ends up a large egg like smudge.. I really like the reflection of the lights on the water..

Wow. 4/10 of a second hand-held and it looks as if it were done from a tripod. Didn't have any coffee that day, eh? lol.....

Great shot.

Wow. 4/10 of a second hand-held and it looks as if it were done from a tripod. Didn't have any coffee that day, eh? lol.....

Great shot.

Well, I improvised - set camera on a wide railing on their dock. Cinched
the strap down with one hand and very gently hit the shutter button.

Duke, I took some pics from the day before on my front porch and 2 came out very smudgy?? I have a couple pretty sharp ones though. I just played w/ controls until I was happy. I'll try to post those tonight.

Image looks a little darker when I posted. On my monitor, it's a bit lighter. We'll see how it prints out. Everything is jpeg too. One day, I'll shoot RAW.

Well, I improvised - set camera on a wide railing on their dock. Cinched
the strap down with one hand and very gently hit the shutter button.....

Here's a tip when trying to hold it still like that for a long exposure......use the self-timer. That way you hit the button and get away from the camera long enough for everything to settle before the shutter fires.

Great shot!!

Back