• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saddlebags

Reaction score
As my wife is taking a greater interest in touring these days I'm looking at ways of increasing my luggage carrying capacity when riding two up.

As I already have a rack and bag, along with tank bag, I was thinking of a set of soft throw over saddlebags for those longer trips.

Has anyone got a set of these on the B1250? I want to run the straps under the seat rather than over the seat for pillion comfort. Are they stable at highway speeds and in general what do you find the pros and cons of soft saddlebags?

Thanks for your advice in advance. :-)

I used the Cortech bags on my 1200. They worked very well.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 156
Banditsideviewwluggage_800_x_600.jpg

I have these bags attached to the tail bag but they can go with the straps under the seat also.

Thanks for the pics gents. I don't mind the look of those at all. Just some more questions.......with the straps running under the seat, do you have to release the seat to take the bags off or are there some type of quick release clips so you can leave the straps in place? Have you had any problems with the paintwork being damaged through straps/bags rubbing?

Thanks again!

You would have to pull the seat but that is a 30 second job at the most.

I have a wholesale account with the Oz importer of Givi, they also do soft luggage, if interested PM me for my phone numbers and we can talk.

Dink

Last edited:
i have a 1200 bandit, not a 1250. i run the soft bags under my seat. the two straps from each bag velcro together and fit nicely under the seat. but i think there is a good chance to mar the finish. next time i use mine, i'm going to covfer the plastic under the straps with packing tape to prevent this. then when i remove the bags, just remove the tape and wax off the glue residue if any.

Back