• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rox Bar Risers

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Phenix
My left elbow has been bothering me a bit on longer rides lately. I put off adding bar risers for fear they'd cause clearance problems with my aftermarket windscreen, Strommer hand guards and Pelican tank box. As much as I enjoyed it, the Pelican had to go. I had concerns about it colliding with my private parts in a frontal get-off anyway.

I had seen the GenMar risers on several bikes and ordered a set.
GM-S121.jpg

They were high-quality risers and must work well on most bikes but not the old Bandit. My bar clamps are angled backward so the GenMar risers put the bars right into the tank. :oops:

Fortunately I stumbled onto a pic of Rox risers on ADV.
InstalledDualSportRisers.jpg

The design is more versatile 'cause they pivot in the stock bar clamps. I did have to grind off the tip on an allen wrench to reach the bolts but other than that the install was a snap. One note, the GenMar's come with a braided brake line and the Rox units do not. They didn't list the Bandit so I ordered a set for a DL650. I located a longer brake line on a late model Suzuki donor bike.
565485309_ATWeB-L.jpg

I had to trim off (butcher) the right handguard about even with the clutch lever clamp for clearance. It doesn't look too bad though.
565485403_pRRF8-XL.jpg

The new bar / rider position feels good. The Rox risers get a :thumb::thumb:

565485364_yVLDS-L.jpg

:rider:

Last edited:
I have had Rox Risers on my last 5 bikes and I think they are great. They allow the best versibility of any risers.

I just put them on the GS.

I must add that Richard at RL Motorcycles was very helpful and put me in touch with GenMar to try to find an answer. When all else failed and I returned the risers, he put my refund through right away - no questions asked, and my VISA account was credited 2 days later. It's nice to find an online vendor who will go the extra mile.:clap:

hey there so what was the situation that the bars were hitting the tank. i thought that could be a possibility but am wondering how gen mar can be selling these kits for the bandit if its a known problem. I do like the rox risers alot but wondering about the longer brake line needed. what donor bike did you use if you remember that had the longer line?
thanks

hey there so what was the situation that the bars were hitting the tank. i thought that could be a possibility but am wondering how gen mar can be selling these kits for the bandit if its a known problem. I do like the rox risers alot but wondering about the longer brake line needed. what donor bike did you use if you remember that had the longer line?
thanks

My Bandit is a 2000 model 600 and the bar clamps are part of the triple clamp and are angled back. The GenMar risers brought the bars straight back and made the throttle return cable hit the tank.

I really like the Rox risers. I did have to grind off an allen wrench to reach the bolts but that was not a big deal. The donor was a front junction-to-caliper brake line off a SV650.

Thanks for the reply I also have a 2000 600 bandit. I was looking at the bike today and with the bars full lock I see the situation that would happen with the genmar set up. I dont know if youve been on the Rox website lately but they have some risers like yours but in an antivibration setup. would love to try those out but dont know if the clamp assembly of the risers would contact the triple tree. Do you know what year that sv650 was? Did you have to make any other changes with that brake line or was it a direct bolt on. Also wondering if you had to make any changes with either the clutch or throttle cables. thanks again. Im really looking forward to going with the Rox risers. Just trying to figure out everything that ill need to get it complete.

The Bandit runs so smoothly I didn't see the need for the anti-vibe risers. I think the SV was a 2003 but any brake line with similar banjo fittings and 3 or 4 inches longer should work. Good luck.

thanks for the help with the riser questions. Im gonna look into picking up that sv650 brake line and a set of rox risers. I have to say though that in my opinion the 600 bandit is a bit "buzzy" and the vibrations do get to me after a while but with the risers maybe that would change.

I realize this is an older thread but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring as a satisfied Rox riser customer. I use them on my previous bike and they offer the best range of adjustment, hands down. Not only does the riser itself pivot in the stock clamp but the handlebar can pivot in the riser seat. I kept the risers when I sold my bike; never know when I'll need them again.

Ok guys well Im back after almost a year and I finally purchased a set of Rox Risers. I decided to go with the Elite Anti-Vibration set. I measured the stock junction to master cylinder brake line on my 2000 600 bandit and it appears like it comes in about 15inches or so. I also broke down and had braided brake line made up for this set up and ordered it at 19 inches with 45degree angles on either end which seems to match up the stock brake lines angles. Im awaiting the brake line in the mail and will try to post some pics and hopefully a write up of my installation of these risers.

Back