• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit Time

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I really like having a good clock I can easily see for my trips on my bike, and seeing as how I am not a big fan of the digital clock on the Bandit as it's usually very hard for me to see, especially in sunlight I decided to machine up a custom bracket to mount a Formotion clock I had mounted on my last bike.

The Formotion clock has been great and I have used it for over 40k on my last bike and it's very easy to read in daylight even thru my sunglasse and my tinted face shield, plus it has a very easy to actuate button for illuminating the indiglo style dial at night time.

I did have to have new batteries installed in it and they did last well over 4 years, but the watch had been sitting since just before I bought the Bandit and all 3 batteries were dead.

The angle on the front of the bracket matches the angles on the recess on the top of the triple tree in front of the ignition switch and I've got two more chrome screw plugs on order as I lost two of them and can't find them anywhere.

I may make up a new one piece top clamp and mount the clock in it. :rider:

Clockmount014.jpg

Clockmount002.jpg

Clockmount010.jpg

that is one sexy watch mounting. Geesh guy. Talk about one of a kind custom Bandit.

El Bandito, you're a very talented fellow. Everything you've machined for your Bandit looks great. You're making the rest of our bikes look very rough though. . . . .

El Bandito, you're a very talented fellow. Everything you've machined for your Bandit looks great. You're making the rest of our bikes look very rough though. . . . .

Thanks for the compliments.

Now that I been looking at it for a couple of days, I'm not quite sure if I like the bracket I made so I am looking at mounting it in another location that’s not so conspicuous but still easy to see. :rider:

Back