• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rising Sun or American Flag?

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
heyall

i'm in a conundrum. my bandit is metal flake blue, and a rising sun flag sticker would just seem so......appropriate (considering it's a japanese bike) but i'm a very patriotic american so i dont know if that would go over too well. so i'm testing the waters here.

opinions?

-rob

It's your bike so make yourself happy. However, if it's bothering your patriotic spirit then don't fight it.

Besides, that bike is American now!

Without a doubt, don't hesitate, and there is but only ONE answer,

It's one thing to be proud of your Japanese motorcycle......,

but another to be able to ride in a country that affords you the liberty and the freedom to choose which decal you put on your bike.

Do the right thing, display an American flag decal.

put a BMW sticker on the side and when people ask you about it tell them they finally found a fix for the exploding final drives :rofl::giveup:

As a Japanese citizen, I would be offended if you put Japanese Flag on your bike! (just kidding.)

solution #1. get you a harley or a buell and put the American flag on it.

solution #2. since you are bothered by nationality issue, go without the border. put this sticker on.
RainPeacDecal.gif

:mrgreen:

Put whatever you want on you bike - it is America, and you are free to do whatever you'd like

I think a Petorian flag would be more appropriate.
E. Peterbus Unum
FGEPeterbusUnum.png

My answer to the exploding final drive issue.....

IMG_0499.jpg

Go with what you like. Heck put the American flag on the front, and a line of rising suns fighter pilot style on the side.

Re: Rising Sun or American Flag? DECIDED

ok ok

decision made. here's the pics....

and to my nippon citizen bandit counterpart:

この自転車は、第二次世界大戦はゼロのことを思い出す。は、バランスのとれた、軽快さと積極的。

and whattaya all think of my magnetic tank proctector and 12v adapter?

i confess that i started out with a pep boys floor mat and cut it....but i always like to give my bikes a bit of original style....

cheers

Attachments

• DSCN2866.jpg
    DSCN2866.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN2865.jpg
    DSCN2865.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN2868.jpg
    DSCN2868.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 164
and oh yeah,

my truck says it all for patriotism......:)

-rob

Thanks ed. I was tryin to remember where I saw that. There's at least one KLR version too.

And somewhere out there is a FJR with a Union Jack tank protector.

Do what works for you.

You're a good man Charlie Brown and I salute you for your thoughts on which way to go. That shows your all American and by your birthright you have the freedom to choose. I don't see anyone finding fault with that.

この自転車は、第二次世界大戦はゼロのことを思い出す。は、バランスのとれた、軽快さと積極的。

nice try on the machine translation there. i especially like the fact you called your bandit a "bicycle".

translation of the above sentences would be

"this bicycle remebers the zero fighters of the world war ii. (the subject of the sentence is omitted) is balanced, light, and assertive."

yeah, i did a reverse trans and cringed when i saw that one. i should have called one of my fluent buddies. here in UT its like the multilingual capital of the world, with all the LDS returned missionaries. still, i dont know how 'aggressive' and 'nimble' got translated into 'light' and 'assertive'......??

cheers

heyall

i'm in a conundrum. my bandit is metal flake blue, and a rising sun flag sticker would just seem so......appropriate (considering it's a japanese bike) but i'm a very patriotic american so i dont know if that would go over too well. so i'm testing the waters here.

opinions?

-rob

My personal philosophy is to never let decisions in my life be affected by what others might think.

It's human nature to offer advice. Hang out at an old folks home or a VFW, you'll get more advice than you can handle.

Back