• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Deserted, Abandoned or Dilapidated...

Reaction score
First Name
Micah
Last Name
Wright
I had an idea for an "old building" thread when riding out west a couple of weeks ago.

Please post up your best images of Deserted, Abandoned or Dilapidated buildings.

I start it off with these...

576835207_NFHW3-L.jpg

576841889_P27BT-L.jpg

577911304_dv6us-L.jpg

The old school in Whiteflat TX. No town there anymore.

DSC00217.jpg

Once was a home.... now a field with chimneys....

IMG_1088.jpg

Could not tell if this was being fixed up, or still falling in. Several spots were fixed, but as a whole it was crumbling.

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

I love these pictures, It's exciting to see other riders who appreciate and have an eye for these old structures....

Thanks for posting and please keep them coming.

I'm going to have to review my copy of 'Dancer Texas', I think that 'Oasis' gas station may have been in that movie.

This looks like fun, I will definitely be contributing soon.

Last edited:
See here's the problem, I have an old 54 chevy I am going to restore so I need the parts, and I'm just itching to see if the old dozer can be brought to life again.
I really appreciate everyone who takes these pics and posts them, I hope to be able to see the scenes in person someday.
Any abandoned buiilding makes me sad. They represent someones dreams. They put their blood and sweat in it. Did they stay and die there, are they buried somewhere, maybe in an unmarked grave? Did they give it up and leave? Were they able to get past it or did they die in their spirit when their dream died? Were they able to rise up and try again?

Or maybe it's just an old building............................

See here's the problem, I have an old 54 chevy I am going to restore so I need the parts, and I'm just itching to see if the old dozer can be brought to life again.
I really appreciate everyone who takes these pics and posts them, I hope to be able to see the scenes in person someday.
Any abandoned buiilding makes me sad. They represent someones dreams. They put their blood and sweat in it. Did they stay and die there, are they buried somewhere, maybe in an unmarked grave? Did they give it up and leave? Were they able to get past it or did they die in their spirit when their dream died? Were they able to rise up and try again?

Or maybe it's just an old building............................
+1
Most all those places in Texas were in their heyday in the 50's before the Interstates. Sometimes I try to imagine what it was like the first day the store owner opened the door for business--all those hopes and dreams.

Central Texas, near Sierra Blanca,

Attachments

• DCP_0064.jpg
    DCP_0064.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DCP_0071.jpg
    DCP_0071.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Dcp_s0004.jpg
    Dcp_s0004.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 249
  • Dcp_s0009.jpg
    Dcp_s0009.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 227
Old Austin Raceway Park:
2179115231_65bbb2299f_b.jpg

Is that up Burnet Rd. 1325 just past Shoreline church on the right side? If so, what's the story behind it? I remember in highschool we used to go there and drag race/drink etc.

House my Mother in Law lived in as a child Brady Texas
Downtown Sheffield Texas
Dairy near Bells Texas

Attachments

• P5220011.jpg
    P5220011.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 224
  • l_489158ba190f7d1b06486efdb1f006a2.jpg
    l_489158ba190f7d1b06486efdb1f006a2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 213
  • dairy.jpg
    dairy.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 223
Sterling City and Hitchcock Texas at the Racetrack. Coincidentally the ONLY photo I ever got published. We were loaded up and leaving the track and I thought "Wow thats gonna make a great pic!"
SRAD
stonehenge.jpg

Attachments

• old car1.jpg
    old car1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 218
Sterling City and Hitchcock Texas at the Racetrack. Coincidentally the ONLY photo I ever got published. We were loaded up and leaving the track and I thought "Wow thats gonna make a great pic!"
SRAD
stonehenge.jpg

Cool! :thumb:

I ride by the Blimp Base every day to and from work.

Back