• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Poll: Bandit 1250 age groups(?)

To which age group do you belong Bandit 1250 owner?

• 24 or below?

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 25 to 39?

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • 40 to 54?

Votes: 45 43.7%
  • 55 and above?

Votes: 32 31.1%

• Total voters

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay.... I'm curious about the age groups sporting the new Bandit 1250. Are you:

24 or below?

25 to 39?

40 to 54?

55 & above?

I'm gonna wait until August 10th before I vote,
so I can be in the "55 & older" gang.

i wouldve gladly owned a bandit at 14 if i could have!

Man this is weird, I was riding home today and was wondering the very same thing. I guess it was seeing pics of "fiftysom'n" and "wannabeguru" in Soozy's thread, that started me thinking about it. I imagine the "oldtimers" :duck: will be in the lead all the way through.

Got that right! Let's just say it's been a few decades since I've been carded!

I always thought I was the youngest guy on here. This just confirmed it. I just voted and I'm all alone. Bet you guys can't guess which one I fall into. Although I'll be in the 25 bracket come december. So does this mean I'm already riding like an old man?:rofl::mrgreen:

"So does this mean I'm already riding like an old man?"

No.... it means you're already THINKING like "...an old man" with the wisdom to see the benefit of linear torque, standard seating, everyday practicality, and undercover FUN!

Old guys rule!

Durn right!:trust:
I turn 61 tomorrow..got my 1st bike at 21..never been a Harley fan, guess it's because a fella let me ride his bike once when I was a kid. Anyone else remember the single cylinder one of the late 50's early 60's. Think it was an import under the Harley name . All I remember for sure is " kick, kick , cuss, kick , stall, kick again, walk away and cuss more" :rofl:
Shotrod

I always thought I was the youngest guy on here. This just confirmed it. I just voted and I'm all alone. Bet you guys can't guess which one I fall into. Although I'll be in the 25 bracket come december. So does this mean I'm already riding like an old man?

My 21 year old son just bought an 09 FZ1 so your not alone in wanting a standard bike. His reasons were... more comfortable than a supersport, insurance is wayyyy cheaper and not everyone has one. The whole deal with going fast is much more about the rider than anything else, on his last bike a Suzuki DRZ400SM he could smoke guys on Gixxer 1ks in the canyons so he wasnt concerned about an old mans image when buying his Yamaha. Its more fun to go fast on something that people dont expect you to go fast on.

Last edited by a moderator:
165HD2-1.jpg

This was my first bike.
1956 Harley 165 battery coil ignition. Imported from DKW of Germany and rebadged.
Harley also sold the Hummer ( which a friend of mine had ) which looked just like this but was a 125cc and had magneto ignition.

After wrecking the rod, bought a '56 Alstate ( puch ) 175 which I road till getting my first BIG bike in '60. A '59 500 Triumph. ;-)

Just saw a sign that says "Life begins at over 150"...... Guess that means I've got 88 more to go.......Gee just a babe and I get to vote.......Wondering if the sound I just heard was from my Holeshot pipe or just from me an ole fart......

I guess life has just begun for some of us then....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjC64NK4d3o

Right after I filmed this last night, I got home only to discover my rear fender under-tray hanging off on one side. Turns out a bolt was missing, as has other 'oversites' during my Bandit's assembly.... not to mention the front brake caliper bolt I 'loaned' "mi1lertm" over a month ago... still missing (in transit). Either the factory or the dealership did a pretty piss poor job of assembling my bike, as I keep finding things not buttoned up correctly.

Nice 5th gear top end run if i counted shifts right. you DO have that loaner bolt in the caliper, right?? Can't do 36 with me without it!

Nice 5th gear top end run if i counted shifts right. you DO have that loaner bolt in the caliper, right?? Can't do 36 with me without it!

Well it looks like us 55 and older group are getting are behinds kicked by those smart aleck younger whipper snappers.:box:

Well it looks like us 55 and older group are getting are behinds kicked by those smart aleck younger whipper snappers.:box:

Dang right you are!:dude::dude::mrgreen:

No, as you said earlier though fitty, I've driven a few gsxr's and the lot. While they were enjoyable and I love the pull of the acelleration I just always really liked the ride of the bandit. The first bigger bore bike I road was my dads 98 bandit 1200 when I was in high school and since then I've just always really liked them. The only more sportier thing I have also wanted to own is a busa. I've just always since they first came out found them to be a sexy looking bike. While I have never driven one they just look awsome. If I ever get my bikes sold and get into a house in a few years when I can get another bike it will either be an fz1, another bandit, or a busa. Although if I get a busa my wife said she wants the new Vmax. So that probably won't happen but wouldn't it be crazy to see a girl driving the the street on one. If I ever can finish school and get my "real" job ideally I think a bandit with a busa in the stable next to it would be my ideal setup:eat::eat:. If I get really crazy I'll probably have a victory in the lot with them.:rider:

Back