• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit Photo and Video Camera Mounts

PhilS

Reaction score
Hi guys:

I've always been curious as to what each of you have done to mount and use cameras on the bikes.

I made a $10.25 mount today and it turned out about OK. It does pick up some vibration, but it does a fairly OK job. THIS IS NOT MY DESIGN - I saw it somewhere on the internet called an $8 Sportbike Camera Mount.

I bought all this stuff at Home Depot for $10.25 USD. It is a PVC 3/4" threaded "T", a threaded "T" plug, a 1/4"x20 Stainless Steel 3" bolt, some rubber, a couple hose clamps, and some lock nuts/washers.

I'll see if I can post a video or still shot or two this weekend on the ride to Northeast Ohio - lost of twisties - hopefully no crash videos!!!

One of these days I will buy a nicer mount of some sort, but for now, this will do. What are you guys doing?

Here's all the stuff:
CameraMount001.jpg

Now cut some ruber to wrap around your handlebar.
CameraMount002.jpg

Now slice the "T" long ways and cut some of the ends off to fit the center section of the bar.
CameraMount003.jpg

Now drill a hole in the plug and insert the bolt and lock it down with a nut/lockwasher. Then install it in the "T".
CameraMount004.jpg

Now mount the "T" assembly on the bike using the rubber and the hose clamps. The final version had some of the clamps trimmed off and pointing more downward.
CameraMount005.jpg

Finally, install the camera lock nut. Mount the camera and go shooting.
CameraMount006.jpg

I made one of those a year or two ago, worked ok if your camera is light. I really didn't like the video moving with the handlebars so I searched around and found this. It's called "the cleat" and it's easy on, easy off as long as you keep the surface clean and waxed on your tank. It has a suction cup with a pump to secure it. The Bandit has a great spot for it just in front of the filler cap, my buddies Triumph tiger didn't so I guess it depends on the bike. Search online and you can have one for about $50. I like it!

DSC01529-1.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

Back