• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What a position to be in...........

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Brown
My tax man contacts me today and says that uncle sam is going to stick it to me tax wise if I come home before the end of the year.

My company will pay my airfare anywhere in the world.......So the question is..........If you had 21-30 days to travel and ride anywhere on the planet(outside the US),where would you go?

What a problem to have.....plus the money I get back from taxes will pay off my car and my GS............:eek2::clap::lol2::sun::giveup:

Southern Italy.

And rent a Ducati to get the full experience. :)

My wife and I were fortunate enough to go to St. Martin this past December for my sisters wedding, I would highly recomend it. I really hope to go back sooner than later.

They pay your airfare one place, not to several? What time of year? If weather is not a consideration, I'd say Europe (says the man who has never been there). You can ride a lot, there's a lot to see, and you can get a lot of places by road or rail.

If it's going to be cold and nasty in Europe, I'm not sure as far as riding goes. I was in South Africa in November, 2003, and it's a fascinating place with a lot of natural beauty. I'm not real sure about riding safely there, though.

An Australian Adventure?????

Italy for the Roman ruins and Egypt for the pyramids. If I had time left over, Spain.

Italy, Spain, and then_________? or... off to New Z-land for the duration. Canaduh could keep you busy too.

I am looking into border hopping Thailand,Loas,Cambodia, Vietnam...Thought about Nepal......Israel.........

I am looking into border hopping Thailand,Loas,Cambodia, Vietnam...Thought about Nepal......Israel.........
I like this idea...or you could fly to a border town and swim across the Rio Grande.

Somewhere the dollar still holds good value while still offering your safety and also good food/sightseeing. Bermuda? I was there 3 years on Naval duty; military, not the other kind!

That would be tremendous.
Then theres Brazil, Australia or New Zealand.
Wherever you go, I would let one of the motorcycle tour outfits set everything up for you; it may cost a little more, but hey, let them deal with the logistics and planning, you get to concentrate on having fun. :rider:

Ron Ayers has a 30 day tour of South America which includes a ten day cruise ship excursion to Antarctica :ponder:
Base price starts at $ 24,950. :eek2:
Spendy? You betcha.
Trip of a lifetime? Undoubtedly. :sun:

I'd have to head to Austria, at least I know and have shared several Texas trails with one Austrian and I have a standing invite to hit the Alps with him if I'm ever over there.

I did Thailand. Another buddy did more of Thailand. Another buddy of mine did all the above. Can't think of something better. Other than maybe Italy with no schedule and a Ducati..

You will love Thailand! There is lots of great motorcycling to be done around Chang Mai in the north. I rented from "Mr Motorcycle" in Chang Mai, and can really recomend them. They had well maintained bikes, good maps, and plenty of free advice. Traffic in town is a bit crazy, but there is zero traffic in the country side. Driving on the left wasn't too bad either.

I put up a mini ride report here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26637&highlight=Thailand

Have fun!!!

Stay on the Almalfi coast or do the East coast of Italy and Northern Croatia and down along the Adriatic, the scenery is amazing. I want to ride from Serbia, up through Hungary and on into Austria.

Who has two thumbs and loves Eastern Europe? This guy!

I have a friend who goes to Colombia on a regular basis. The dollar goes a long way and the food and drinks are fantastic. He met his future wife and he's ready to move there after he retires.

Back