• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250 K9 Model

Mitz

Reaction score
The type was announced in Japan in 2009.

A new color appeared in the painting color.

The color of the engine was changed.

ywb.jpg

yay.jpg
http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/bandit1250/index.html

Additionally, there is a white limited model, too.
http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/bandit1250sa/index.html

Bandit1250 seems to have become a production stoppage in Japan.
(Non caul MOdel)

It was removed from the lineup in Japan.

Yeah it kinda looks like there are two seams there at at the edges , like they rounded off the break . Good move as that ridge digs in my thighs at times

Don't mind the the black engine. I reckon it'll be much easier to detail as opposed to the current silver when it gets older.

whaaa.... wish the black engine was available when i bought MY bike.
(i'm sure mine has a quicker roll-on though....)

The B1250 is such a fantastic looking bike, except for that gigantic, bulbous, sore thumb of a fairing. Man. The naked version of the 1250 is soooooo much awesomerer.

My opinion, of course. :thumb:

bike_gsf1250blk_main1.jpg

The blacked-out engine makes the 1250 more resemble the 1200, not a bad thing at all. Wouldn't mind if they offered it here in the States. Wonder why are they dropping the 1250 in Japan?

Wonder why are they dropping the 1250 in Japan?

Good question. Perhaps the fact that smaller bikes are so popular there has something to do with it. All vehicles in Japan are electronically limited to 180 kmh (according to Jeremy Clarkson), so maybe that causes the motorcycling public to generally steer toward more practical bikes.

:shrug:

Last edited:
I have seen 1250 models only once in a certain shop.
However, it is not put on other shops.

I think that the motorcycle in the shop might have sold naturally.
However, there is actually no what passed each other with 1250 on the road.

There is no seen what at all.

There are a lot of opinions that 1250S(SA) model is overall cheap on externals compared with the other companies model in Japan.

I think that the painting color of the engine having become black wanted to show the sense of unity of the design, and to improve feeling of luxury.

In the future, I will think that I follow the design and the composition layout of present Bandit650 of the appearing K10 model.

It might be moving up of the plan that the engine's it becoming black.

There are a lot of K7 and a forward stock of the K8 model in Japan, too.

Its good that we get the big bore nakeds here in ozzy land...like the gsx1400, CB1300 and alike.

Hey Bandito

I road the 1400 before I bought the Bandit.They are available here in New Zealand. It was certainly nice to ride but not as nimble as the 1250.It felt a lot bulkier. But, the clincher for me was that I wont own another big bike without ABS, and its not available on that model. We get two models of it here, a normal coloured one, and a special version in the old Suzuki racing red/white/blue colours. Nice.

Johnboy

hmmmm.... I love my black 1250, but the paint is thin, it chips easily, and subtle scratches don't buff out well.

I think one of the most handsome paint jobs was the 1200 in it's red, white, and blue configuration.... maybe I should save my money for a cosmetic upgrade (paint scheme) after I buy my hard cases.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking (fantasizing) now!!!

I must admit that I really REALLY like what's-his-name's black painted cylinders and black headers too. MAJOR expense to ceramic coat the headers and my MIVV muffler, but with a red/white/blue paint job..... my bike and I would be look'n TOUGH-N-FINE!

Color is a rattle can away ;-). Once met a guy in Mexico with a total flat black rattle can paint job on a KLR. Said it attracted less attention that way. ;=). I told him it sure attracted my attention! ha ha ha. It was still prettier than my old faded '00 KLR's green.

I came reeeeeal close to buying an '88 BMW 1000RS this weekend. It only had "38,000 miles" on it, bags, everything in place, and it showed the rigors of flying at (faster than) legal freeway speeds through chips & dings producing particulate.

I thought that I could make it the CLEANEST and SEXIEST flat black RATT BIKE ever to grace the roads of Beemerville. But I came to my senses and decided that I didn't want to discover what else the bike would need ($$$); I decided to try to pay off that nagging 12% interest bill that haunts me instead.

I soooooo love flat black paint and truck bed liner on a motorcycle. I want to find a low mileage twin to make into a cafe ratt bike with attitude. But I want the bike to be in otherwise perfect mechanical shape before I butcher it into something to piss off the straights out there......

Hey Fitty

I agree with you. There are some areas on the Bandit if you look close enough you can see the paint a bit thin and some of the screws are prone to corrosion, but its nothing a bit of TLC cant cure. Main thing is I think Zook make really good engines and gearboxes, the bike looks lovely to my eye and it handles all I need. My bandit usually sees no more than 5000 rpm. I left all my peg scraping days many years ago. I just love to ride her! except for something wrong with the bars which I'm working on. Have put risers on to move them higher and rotated them slightly backwards towards me, but they just don't feel right. Not sure what it is, maybe the angle or somit. Apart from that I'm in love.

Johnboy

johnboy,
i replaced the bars with some other bars.... didn't work for me.
So I took the easy route, and it worked (for me).

I mounted my original OEM factory bars to a work bench with an old handlebar brace from my Bonnie. Then I took a 5 foot long pipe, slid it over one end of the handlebars, and leaned into it to bend the bars forward by about an inch or two.
Then performed the same operation to the other side an inch or two.... Mounted 'em to the bike,

VOILA! Now I don't feel like I'm handling the bars of a wheelbarrow any longer, it worked for me.....

Fitty,
Thanks for that mate, and I think you are dead on. I went out for a ride today and its not the reach to the bars but just the angle. I had thought about new bars but the only ones I can get here are Renthal Road Highs @ $140. So before I try that I will pull the bars and have a go at bending them. I did read somewhere that a guy did it while they were still on the bike, but I don't care for that idea. I want to get it right as I'm planning a trip from Auckland down to the bottom of the Sth Isl and back.

Back to the original topic, the new model looks nice, but I wondered if Suzuki put a shaft drive and a decent fairing on a new Bandit, even if it was an extra $2000 I think they would sell in droves. They would still be much less than say an FJR1300 or Connie14.
just my 02Cents.

Johnboy-

hmmmm.... I love my black 1250, but the paint is thin, it chips easily, and subtle scratches don't buff out well.

I think one of the most handsome paint jobs was the 1200 in it's red, white, and blue configuration....

Same here. A friend (txbanditrydr) has the 2005 1200S with that paint, I like it enough to have thoughts about repainting my '08 in the same scheme.

Great......NOW they're going to the Black engine after I buy my 1250 with the Silver........I like the gloss black much better!
Wish it was easy to take apart and paint!

Back