• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Moosehead Cafe, Crockett, TX

Sully

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Sullivan
What: The Moosehead Cafe is a small cafe/antique shop on the courthouse square in downtown Crockett. The menu consists of basic East Texas staples; if it's fried and/or gravy-covered, they probably serve it. By the way, Crockett has a pretty cool downtown area, including a functioning old theater that shows current movies. It seems like you can't go a mile in Houston Co. without passing a historical marker.

Exterior:

592453947_8Jc9K-L.jpg

An honest breakfast for an honest day's ride:

592452930_fPK3B-L.jpg

An interior shot, with the front door immediately behind the camera. Note the lunch counter to the right (fairly rare in my travels)

592453514_nVUnU-L.jpg

8-track and phonograph!

592452524_ezeo7-L.jpg

This is a mark of an authentic place, in my opinion. The regulars have their own coffee mugs.

592451981_VCESg-L.jpg

I was there at breakfast, and the counter girl was preparing the SWEET tea for lunch. It's diabetilicious!

592451620_QYGhK-L.jpg

Where: 412 E. Houston Ave, Crockett (Houston Co.) TX

Directions: Crockett is one of the older towns in East Texas, and as such is a regional hub for several of the main east/west (TX 21, TX 7) and north/south (TX 19, US 287) routes in the area. No matter which way you approach the town, cross over the loop and head downtown. Downtown Crockett is a square surrounding the Houston Co. courthouse. Just circle around until you see the cafe. Note: there is additional parking behind the cafe in case all the spots in front are full

Last edited:
Back