• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Earplugs in Dallas?

I don't have it with me now, but there is a guy in Waxahachie that will meet you and do a custom mold for you.
He was at Eurosport during the open house doing molded plugs.
When I get back to the casa this evening, I'll post it for you if someone hasn't by then.

Earplugs, Gunshows, And Cycles... oh my

Well, the Gunshow at Market Hall in Dallas is this weekend. There is always a guy there from Garland who does it for $35 (I think). He does it while you wait. I bought some over 5years ago and they still work great. He has stereo ,mp3, adaptors if you want music too but they are pricey and I think he ships them out to have that work done. He is located in N/E section of the hall, 2nd row.

Just think, you could shop for a Glock, AND molded earplugs. You would be very safe for the ride home!

I went to a doctor across the street from Baylor Hospital on Gaston. They charged me 30.00 for the custom molded earplugs. I don't use them much because the blue foam plugs I buy at Walgreens are the best I have found.

I called Roy at Safeear.com and we met at Motoliberty today. I walked away with a set of custom earplugs which cut the wind noise and are extremely comfortable for $50. I also was fitted for a set that will have the speakers for connection to an MP3 player. They will take 3 wks to get, but if they are anything like the ones I wore home, they should be outstanding!

I'll provide an update when they get here!

If you are looking for some for use as speakers and ear plugs, you might want to try something a little cheaper, I bought a cell phone hands-free earphone made by Jabra for $9.99 at Fry's yesterday. It has a pair of the Jabra Ear Gels for each ear in small, medium and large. I pulled the phone speaker out and tried both some Sony and Apple ear buds in them, the Apple worked beter since they were round and the Sony had a less than round shape. I know that Radio Shack has the replacement Ear Gels available online for $7.99, I haven't seen them in stores though.

It might be an inexpensive thing to try, seems to work pretty well for me.

I bought some custom-molded ones with speakers in them last Nov at the motorcycle show. http://plugup.com/ is the lady that makes them (I know, she's not local). I finally got around to using them for the first time 2 weeks ago, and they are worth it! It's one of those things where you wonder, "Why did I go so long without doing this?"

dB Specialties out of Plano. 972-578-1829 dbspec@ticnet.com. Custom molded in just about an 45 minutes and around $30 if I remember correctly.

wabbit said:
Looking for a molded earplug source in Dallas.

Just a heads up, there is a Gun show in Dallas at Market Hall this weekend and I know guy is always at this show.

Back